Vegetarians: The Scourge of the Earth

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by NaeKid, May 31, 2010.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I came across an article on my local hunting / fishing / etc forum and thought that it might be a good idea to cross-post the relevant part of the thread here for discussion.

I do realize that the topic is very controversial, but, at the same time it really makes a person think hard about their food-choices.

Here is the introduction to the article

I will let you click on the link to read the whole article from the source that was given to me.

» Vegetarians: The Scourge of the Earth Wildlife and People

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Love it! Makes sense to me!

3. Catastrophy

Catastrophy Catastrophy

I read the article with interest. Hands up, I'm a veggie :eek: so feel free to ignore what I write!

I like the general idea of the article, but the author fails to provide any evidence to support his theory. The author also neglects to take into account little things like: safe clean water, sanitation advances, medical developments such as anti-biotics, anti-septics, anti-tetanus, immunisations etc and improved farming techniques etc. We now inhabit a crowded world because we have a much higher life expectancy than our ancestors, babies survive that wouldn't have 15 years ago, child birth is less risky, and many diseases are no longer automatic death sentences. All these factors need to be taken into account.

Hunters do have a part to play in this world. My father taught me to fish, clean it and cook it. I know how to prepare forest creatures ..... and if I was in a "do or die" situation I would eat meat and fish (even though I really dislike the stuff!). However, vegetarians also have a part to play in the world. Please, stop the veggie bashing!

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I'm having pork ribs and a nice tri-tip roast slow cooked on the BBQ today, the grease will be running off my lips and hands, yuuuuummmmie!!! Anyone Hungry????

Attached Files:

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

bunkerbob...you are just amazing! Wish we lived nearby!

I have many vegetarians among my friends, and many anti-hunting friends.

The anti-hunters who are vegetarian have my utmost respect.

The anti-hunters who eat meat get no respect for me. If I'm going to eat meat, thereby causing an animal's life to be taken, I want to have the guts (can't have the "balls", I'm a woman! lol) to kill it myself, and not have to have someone in a meat-packing plant do it for me.

That should be the cry of the vegetarians. If you're gonna eat the meat, kill it yourself. Hah, bet that'd make a lot of people go vegetarian!

Catastrophe, you have a pretty good attitude! (for a vegetarian!)(sorry, couldn't resist!)(love ya anyway!)

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I only posted this for consideration for people to discuss. Two of my bestest-friends in the whole-wide-world are vegitarian (married couple) but not vegan. They will eat sea-food and eggs, but not bacon, chicken, etc.

My sister tried the vegitarian diet and was always sick. She started putting meat on her plate again and her health improved almost immediatly.

Personally, I eat. I will eat anything that has nutritional value - yes - I have even eaten bugs.

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I eat everything, still healthy enough at 62 to keep digging the 'pit', tend to the garden, can produce, and feed the animals, oh and take care of the house, cook dinner, and make lunch for the wife during the week. I even like the gristle, fat and bone marrow on meat. Just had my annual med check up, still good balance of good and bad cholesterol. Don't get me wrong, I eat a lot of veggies cooked and raw to, but don't limit myself to just one diet, including butter, lots of milk, and occasional glass of wine or beer. Martinis on Fri and Sat night for cocktails, head meds.:D

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Well, bunkerbob, if we all stayed as active and busy as you we'd be healthy like you! That, plus moderation and variety in diet, is my opinion of the key to health. (Homegrown, organic, and unprocessed is even better!) You're a great example to us!

9. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  10. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I wasn't...

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Aemilia, that primal blueprint link is interesting, but...

didn't they have lifespans of something like 30 years?

lol

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  12. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Why, why do you do this. It just ain't right to do that to someone. :eek: Now i have to change shirt,s the response was automatic, a water fall of drool. :D On the plant eater,s i,am guilty but as an omnivorous hillbilly cause the meat has gota be with the tater,s. I like plant,s cause they can,t get away. As they say if it,s slower than me and dumber than me it,s had the lick. That don't leave me much to feast on. ;) Vegetarian= Indian word for bad hunter.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  13. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Damn, I just had lunch, and this already looks tantilising to me...

2 more weeks of studying, then I can go back home and organise myself a good BBQ :p

V.

14. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

According to the blogger (I can't find the post) if you remove trauma and infant mortality, it goes up. So the lucky ones that got old were healthier (appearently from the remains there are a lack of degenerative diseases present). He also has a post relating to the Toilet Paper thread: Squatting to Poop - Is It Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple .... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  15. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

I didn't fight my way all the way to the top of the food chain just to eat twigs. Gimme a steak. A RARE steak! :D