Vacuum Seal Firearms.....????????

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Sourdough, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

Is there a problem with doing this........?????

2. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think so... I probably wouldn't do it loaded..;):D But it would keep it dry and safe.. Just put a bit of tape over any sharp points tho.. You could probably store it in the bathtub full of water as long as it is sealed well. I would probably double seal the edges.

3. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

A few years ago I seen bags made fer that, beleive they was impregnated with cosmoline. Haven't seen any in a spell though.

I'd think if ya put a rag with a bit a gun oil in there, clean em well they should be just fine.

Ammunition is vac bagged all the time.

4. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I said I wouldn't vac-pack a loaded weapon--your luck the vacuum would pull the trigger! ;):Dlol But I would vac-pack the ammo to go with it any day!

5. O6nop

O6nop Active Member

I guess you could, but not sure what the point would be unless you planned on submerging it or burying it. Otherwise, keep it oiled, put it in a sealed air tight container such as PVC, doesn't have to be vacuum packed, and add some dessicant. A lot of guns are stored in cosmoline without being sealed and theyve been preserved since WWII or before.

6. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Emerald, ya miss understood cause I didn't explain it well. My point was that ammunition is vacuum bagged all the time so there should be no reason ya couldn't vac pack the weapon as well.

I don't think I vac bag it loaded either. Mite put the ammo in the same bag wrapped in bubble wrap so it don't get up next ta the gun.