VA gov, militia had better guns than police

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by Sentry18, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

http://www.businessinsider.com/virg...-semiautomatic-guns-white-nationalists-2017-8

2. hiwall

hiwall Just walking at the edge of my grave

So do they want police to have full auto squad weapons? Rocket launchers? Nukes?

3. phideaux

phideaux Dogs breath

Wonder why the Gov says stupid stuff...

He was chairman of the Democratic National Committee from 2001 to 2005, was co-chairman of President Bill Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign, and was chairman of Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.

Any wonder ???

Jim

4. bigg777

bigg777 Well-Known Member

^^^Pretty much says it all.^^^

5. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Shortened

Hey I hear that North Korea has some, maby they might lend one maybe two. Never know. Lol

6. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Well-Known Member

I seem to remember protests of past years that police created a line of protection for those who had a permit to protest and arrested those who counter-protested without a permit as an illegal assembly regardless of the legal protestors theme as their right to freedom of speech and lawful assembly. It doesn't seem to happen any more.

Family members who attended the permitted KKK rally in Jasper Texas as members of the press after the Byrd dragging death incident say that the Black Panthers who showed up armed and marched through the permitted KKK rally were not stopped either.

7. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

It’s easy to criticize, but I can tell you this, 80% of the people here had semiautomatic weapons," McAuliffe said.

So the cops were armed with what? Muskets? Single shot shotguns? Muzzle loaders? I bet the cops had semi automatic weapons too. I hate when people talk about something they know nothing about.

8. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Well-Known Member

And how many people were shot????? 0 yes zero. How many rounds were fired? 0 yes zero.

9. Sentry18

The VA police all have Mossberg Assault Muskets.

[​IMG]

10. rhrobert

rhrobert Happy in the hills

He's a piece of crap. The violence I saw was committed by the left, from feces and urine being thrown, along with cans filled with concrete, to pepper spraying/ wasp spraying.

11. biobacon

biobacon Track Layer

Ah, the leftist are gonna crap their pants if they ever see a real militia movement. From the footage I saw it was a Viking style shield wall with signs and shields and a bunch of sporting helmets on both sides. I didn't see any militia army, and you know if 20 or 30 guys, (and or women) would have been there with full kit and semi auto rifles it would be all over MSM. Sentry I don't know or need to know where you are at but I bet eventually this will effect you. One of these days your going to witness something or be told to stand down and its going to be a bad day for you. You will have to live with what decisions you have to make. Thank you for putting yourself out there, yours is not an easy job and I expect it is going to get harder. Thank you.

12. PreparedRifleman73

PreparedRifleman73 Well-Known Member

To be a fly on the wall there!

13. Sentry18

Uh oh, VA State Police disagree with Governor. Said they were not outgunned and there were no weapons caches. Could this be a rare case of a politician misrepresenting the truth! :eek:

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017...den-charlottesville-despite-governors-claims/

14. TheLazyL

TheLazyL Cowboy

A Politician lying...who would have thought a Governor would do such a thing?
    :sarcasm2:

15. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

Nobody hurt except for those people hit by the car and you couldn't stop that.”

Probably could have been... by not issuing a permit to protest near the street or to block off the street so cars couldn't access it. The police were there, a couple of cars parked sideways would have stopped the cars from driving down the street. According to the news reports there were cars trying to drive down that street and several were attacked.

16. CrackbottomLouis

CrackbottomLouis Winston Smith Sent Me

Am I the only one that couldnt care less about this over blown crap in Virginia? This is nothing but a distracting smoke screen to keep the sheeple entertained while important matters are glossed over. Im not even turning on the news until they quit pushing this dumb narrative. Internet news only while they pull this bs.

17. Mase92

Mase92 Well-Known Member

Great news, people with guns come out looking like the good guys and NO ONE went anywhere near them.

Is the Gov. trying to get better weapons for the police or advocate for gun control? After his record I'd say the latter but due to the fact everyone is so caught up on what the President says or did say and that there isn't a harsh reaction to the left's roll in this, it's a good thing.

Guns aren't the bad guys, they never are. We seen this weekend that malice is in the hear and anything, including a car, can be a weapon.

18. scpnet

scpnet Member

Crackbottom, I care because they are using it against us. And I was more tired of that fake news Russian witchunt even more. I know this thing in C'ville was a setup, but it has touched off or led into a bunch of destructive behavior.

What I don't get about these quotes is whether they are allowed to form militias in VA? And open carry too? They tell us we can't do either here in SC (open carry is introduced every year but never passes).

19. headhunter

headhunter Member

From what news clips I saw and what I read there was a militia group there, I may be mistaken -calling themselves "The Virginia Light Foot- - -" . They and the preacher fellas formed 2 protective lines one a singing' and the other with their rifles. The "party" didn't begin until the people with the permit were supposed to disperse and move to another place under police protection where they were engaged. I'm for "free speech" but don't like the KKK . Neither group could pass a litmus test for premeditation (helmets and sticks to say the least). The Militia, after considerable thought, preformed magnificently can you imagine the back lash against all gun owners if they hadn't shown restraint.