Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the members whom lost their life ...I will never forget ... rest in peace.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I read in the news that no one has been brought to trial for this terrible attack. They have the leader of the attackers but refuse to prosecute. IMO they are afraid of retaliation. It just makes me angry and sad.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What happened to the USS Cole ... for some reason hit me hard. I can't explain why ... but it did.

No one has been brought to trial for this terrible attack - true :mad: ... It makes me sick! ...

So I remember them ...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Godspeed.:usaflag:

Andi, thank you very much for reminding us of Patriots' lives lost who are too easily forgotten. Salute.

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
When first the USS Stark got hit (by our buddy at the time, Hussein of Iraq!) and then the USS Cole got nailed - I thought back to my time in my little Frigate, when 'over there'....... It coulda been me.... :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Stark was before my 'current time' a time when a person can (outside of family) know ... but yes ... we do need to take the time to 'Look Back' and think of the 37 members that lost their lives .. RIP ... The cole was the fisrt hit (for me) not that the Stark was less.. (for ALL we should know what was given)

USS Stark (FFG-31), 23rd ship of the Oliver Hazard Perry class of guided-missile frigates, was named for Admiral Harold Rainsford Stark (1880–1972). In 1987, an Iraqi jet fighter attacked the USS Stark under disputed circumstances. 37 American sailors died as a result. It is the only successful anti-ship missile attack on a U.S. Navy warship.

Ordered from Todd Pacific Shipyards, Seattle, Washington on 23 January 1978 as part of the FY78 program, Stark was laid down on 24 August 1979, launched on 30 May 1980, and commissioned on 23 October 1982, CDR Terence W. Costello commanding. Decommissioned on 7 May 1999, Stark was scrapped in 2006

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
Comparing the locations of damage to my little Knox-class frigate (launched in 1975), where the Stark got hit, and at the time it got hit - I figure I would have had the missile in my rack with me in berthing at night..... Yowza! :eek:
Where the Cole took her hit, my work space in the ET/EW spaces would have taken the hit....... :eek:

RIP to all those brave sailors who never returned home to the hugs of their families.......

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Head bowed to all those who served in wartime, including my father (4 Bronze Stars in Europe).

In the last 100 years we fought Nazism and Communism. Now we are fighting Islam and most Americans don't even know they are our enemy -- or they refuse to admit it. Just MHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts