US Finally Involved in Libya

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by bstickler92, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bstickler92

bstickler92 Well-Known Member

2. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Yep and we have a govt that is ready to shutdown because we do not have the money to fund it, be we can fund another war.:nuts:

3. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Two different government entities.

The president is doing the Lybia thing - he didn't consult Congress about it (which is going to become an issue)
    Congress is the one who may shut down government, not the president, due to not being able to work out a budget agreement.

I'm doing my best to keep this post politically neutral... ;)

4. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

I am reading the republicans are saying he is not doing enough and waited to long. I agree on the two sides, but the end result is still we do not have the money to fund this, so the sheeple should be storming DC, but then they should have done that 8 years ago also.

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

maybe this was a misinterpretation of an attempted "present" vote?!!?!?... :dunno: :lolsmash:

sorry, The POTUS does NOT get to vote "present"...

and even tho it IS congress that works out the budget, the POTUS has to SIGN it, so if he disagrees... back to the drawing board, so he is NOT neutral concerning it so "sharing the wealth" of blame is appropo IMHO ;)

this subject deserves so much more discussion time than I have to give at the moment :(

6. Jarhead0311

Jarhead0311 Well-Known Member

This is insane, there are no good guys in this, it's Gadhafi vs al-Qaida and we are helping al-Quida. WTF?

7. lotsoflead

lotsoflead Well-Known Member

why don't we just leave those arabs alone?

8. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

Easy, they have too much liquid gold. No one cared about people slaughtering each other in the countries w/o oil.

9. Jarhead0311

We don't buy Libya's oil. There is no oil in Afghanistan, no this goes deeper.

10. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

Nato said Gahdafi is not their objective. WTF he is the source of the problem. Obama will have to once again go back on his word and the U.S. will again have to pick up the worlds slack. We've done enough its time for someone else to get off their a$$.

11. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

No, but other UN nations do. Who pushed to get this ball rolling?

12. The_Blob

The French?... maybe the forgot that they always LOSE wars :dunno: :rolleyes:

13. The_Blob

3% of our oil comes from Libya... 70%+ of FRANCE's oil comes from Libya... :hmmm: it is a mystery :cool:

14. tortminder

tortminder Well-Known Member

Twas brillig on the slivey troves

Let's see now; the guy that won the Nobel Peace Prize now has us involved in another "Hot" war in a Muslim country, (remember, this was the "Peace" candidate in the last election).

Oh, wait a minute, maybe he was studying one of his heros, Franklin Delao Roosevelt. That was the guy that finally got us out of the last depression by going to war to protect the European interests.

Meanwhile, back in the asylum known as the United States Congress, they still can't figure out what every American family knows... that you cannot live above your means and survive, (and the funny/sad thing is the lesson hasn't been learned by the idiots from either side of the political fence.)

That humming sound you hear is all of the Founding Fathers spinning at high revs in their collective graves.

Woman to Benj. Franklin following the Continental Congress: "Dr. Franklin, what have you given us?"
    Franklin; "A republic Madam, if you can keep it."

:gaah:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  15. Warrendee

Warrendee Member

The Arabs have finally woken up to the fact that their enemies are their own dictatorial leaders.
    We don't know how it's going to play out, but we've got them fighting among themselves and killing each other, so it can't be all bad. Nobody knows what the end game is going to be, and AFAIC, it's not gonna be good any way you cut it. I'm just sayin'
    Semper Fi
    W

16. Jarhead0311

The Arabs haven't awakened to having bad leaders, they have in the past and will in the future always have bad leaders. The riots are caused from high food prices and shortages American Thinker: America and the Middle East Food Riots and are being encouraged by radical Muslims hoping to exploit the situation. If this continues we will end up with the Islamic Caliphate the radicals have sought for so long.
    So way is this president taking the side of the totalistic religious extremest over a secular despot?:nuts: Will he do the same in Saudi Arabia or Bahrain? If he does this will ensure a middle eastern war between the Arabs and Jews which could easily escalate into WWIII . Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt are the only reason this hasn't already happened.

17. BillM

BillM BillM

Don't worry

Don't worry , the President made it clear that we are at the ready to respond instantly to any orders we recive from the UN and will follow France into battle any time any where ! :surrender:

18. vn6869

vn6869 Afraid, very afraid

My Gooshh but that is so scary :eek:
    France leading anything but a wine tasting . . . WTF

I thought this was supposed to be creating a NO FLY ZONE over Lybia.
    Why are we wasting million dollar Tomahawk missles to take out a single tank?
    Do their tanks fly?

And the American people sit on their hands and let this madness go on. . .

19. The_Blob

well nobody wants to be called a RAYCISS! :eek:

A 'liberal' friend and I buried a time capsule in his yard in 2009... in 2012 I will be opening it, inside is a piece of paper that says:

Top Ten Excuses liberals are going to make for Obama's Abject Failure.
    1. Racism
    2. Racism.
    3. Racism.
    4. Racism.
    5. Racism.
    6. Racism
    7. Racism.
    8. Racism.
    9. Racism.
    10. "Bush just made such a mess of things... even Obama couldn't fix it".

20. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

^^ yeah every single time I disagree with Obama or dont like his decision Im called a racist.