UPGRADE YOUR ALICE PACK! Check out these pads and straps

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by Victor23, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Victor23

Victor23 Well-Known Member

Upgrade your alice pack for a few dollars. The biggest compaint about the Alice pack has always been discomfort especially when carry a heavy pack for any time or distance. With the Molle shoulder straps and Molle waist belt you can have the strength of the Alice pack with the comfort of the Molle system. The shoulder straps have 18" of padding instead of 8. The straps have extra padding behind your neck, they also include the dump buckles or quick release and the stenum strap for load stability. compare the two packs. The original style is on the left.

[​IMG]

Notice the wide straps and padding.

[​IMG]

The waist belt is designed like a weight lifters belt to give your lower back plenty of padding and support.
    [​IMG]

The straps or pads are $10 each or get both for $15. They are brand new in the wrap. Each piece normally sells for more than the combined price. Shipping is cheap, Send me a pm with your zip.

If you dont like the DCU pattern, Check out what a $3 dollar pack of Ritz green dye will do in 20 minutes just by adding hot water in a five gallon bucket.

[​IMG]

2. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

What comes with the alice packs that I got from you (I haven't put them to use yet)?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010

3. Victor23

You have a standard issue set of pads and straps. My low back has deteriorated alot as I have gotten older. If I have to bug out or if I need to transport supplies or carry items over a longer distance, Im going to be hurting. My wife and kids are not going to be the "mule" in this scenario. I figured that I need to plan ahead and make this the most comfortable and safest way to carry my stuff. This set up gets the pack up on the hips better and keeps my low back and abdominal area compressed more so my disk are not taking a beating. The load is better stabilized and my disk are not as likely to shift. If my back goes into spasms, I'm out of commission for a few days. If something bad happens, being down is not an option.
    This upgrade is the ticket for me.

4. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I'll PM you with my order.

5. Iaspanky

Iaspanky New Member

new to forum very interested in a set of straps i have a zip of 52803 pm me back with shipping. Also do you make the straps? Do you have a web site with more stuff? Will the straps work with a large alice?? Thanks

6. truecarnage

truecarnage andy

P.M. me with all the info price & what-not
    looks like it would be more comfortable than the basic issue

7. Victor23

Just got more in stock. I have ACU pattern that is used for $15 and brand new in the wrap DCU for $20.
    Each set includes a waist belt and enhanced shoulder straps both are the MOLLE II.

8. RedBison

RedBison New Member

I'm interested in some of your belt/strap sets. Do you know if the used ACU pattern will dye as easily as the DCU? PM sent with shipping details...

9. Victor23

I have not tried ACU with the dye but suspect it would work just fine. I was extremely dissapointed with a large purchase of the acu shoulder and waist belts. They are usuable but need to be thrown in a washing machine because they are dirty. The other issue with the shoulder straps is that they are missing the lower strap that connects the quick disconnect buckle on one end and the lower portion of the frame on the other. I do have new DCU shoulder straps that are complete.
    I am going to use fastex quick release buckles on the straps and make my own. I think it is a great solution to this issue. Seems others have had the same experience with the missing lower straps.

10. Victor23

I may not have mentioned this but I recently recieved a truck load of new in the wrap Molle shoulder straps and waist belts. These are complete and super nice. Buy the set for $20. The shoulder straps are normally $20 by themselves.
    Thanks.

11. Bigz_87

Bigz_87 New Member

Just PMed you my zip for shipping info. Thanks.

12. Wagney

Wagney New Member

Just got back from a backpacking trip with my Alice, 60lbs of gear and on my way down the mountain both straps broke and I had to carry the thing over my shoulder. If you still have straps available I would like to buy some and when the straps broke they broke at the rings and so i need new rings, do you know where I can get some replacements? my Zip is 83815

13. Victor23

When you say the rings, are you speaking of the connection between the upper and lower portion of the straps? There are D rings on some of the packs themselves. I have just straps for $10 for very nice set or you can get a nice used pack complete. Frame, straps, waist pads, and ruck for $20. If you want just the Molle gear upgrade, I have new DCU sets for $15 or good condition ACU sets for the same price. Includes waist belt and shoulder suspension system.

14. greengst

greengst New Member

Just PM'd my zip. Hope these are still available.

15. panzer12

panzer12 New Member

Alice pads

I am extremly intrested in getting a new set of straps for my pack and the sets that were posted here are awesome. Do you still have any avalible and I would need them sent to 84047 zip code so if you can give me a quote that would be great.

16. Victor23

Panzer, I sent you an PM

17. Tribal Warlord Thug

Tribal Warlord Thug Well-Known Member

never mind...i need the entire frames with them improvments............

18. Victor23

let me know if you want a complete set up or the components

19. jondavidginger

jondavidginger New Member

Hi Victor. I also am extremely interested in new kidney pads and shoulder straps. Quite possibly two. I'm new to this forum so I can't figure out how to pm. If you could contact me that would be most appreciated. My zip code is 97007.

20. loudavis911

loudavis911 New Member

Buy a set

I am very interested in buying a full set of straps from you. Shoulder and waist. Ill pm you as well. Thanks