UK Preppers

Discussion in 'United Kingdom and Western Europe' started by Preparednessuk, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Preparednessuk

Preparednessuk Well-Known Member

Hi guys many of you from the uk?

2. GrinnanBarrett

GrinnanBarrett Member

They are there just give them time to find your post. good to have you with us. Best wishes from Texas. GB

3. cazetofamo

cazetofamo Junior Member

Yea, not many from the UK are very active on here. maybe you can be our representative!!!!!

4. preppingsu

preppingsu Active Member

Hi, also from UK. I'm not that active on here but find the information and news very useful. I tend frequent the UK prepping forums for more 'UK' based ideas.

5. helicopter5472

helicopter5472 Well-Known Member

Sounds like with all that Muslim problems you may need to step up your plans.. Hello from Maine.... Spent a year in England back in the mid 60's... :)

6. Preparednessuk

Thanks for the replies guys. I tend to use zello rather than the UK forums only found one the Ludlow group that was half sensible

7. northernraider

northernraider Active Member

I'm in County Durham I normally inhabit SUK.NET with the other non conformist reprobates.

8. Preparednessuk

9. northernraider

UK based prepping forum with low levels of moderation.

10. bigpaul

bigpaul Well-Known Member

yep, that's where you will find me too....i'm one of those reprobates!!:D

11. andrewmm

andrewmm New Member

SUK.Net

What's the web address of this site. i'm uk based and novice prepper but finding a real lack of useful/sensible sites based in the UK. USA seems so much more better prepared than us in terms of size of community, resources, info and mindset. We seem to be playing catch up unfortunately.

12. northernraider

13. dlglgraham

dlglgraham New Member

Hi
    Just joined and just getting into prepping. I live in a 2up 2 down Victorian terrace 50 miles south of London. I'm finding it difficult to decide how best to prep. I am just finishing a BOB but not sure how to progress. Not much room to prep in house and small garden so to much overlooking people. Shall I try to make a store under the house, (dig a tunnel or room) very time consuming and difficult or shall I start to make a BOV like land rover and Stanley trailer so can at least get out of dodge? Really not sure. Any advise welcomed!!
    Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Survival Forum

14. camo2460

camo2460 Supporting Member

Well, first of all, preparing a BOB is a start in the right direction. I don't know what the country side looks like, but if you can find a woodlot, or a forest near you, you can put vacuum packed, preserved food and gear in a food grade bucket with a lid and rubber sealing ring, then bury it in a predetermined location and marked on a map. I might also suggest that you study up on survival techniques such as shelter building, fire making (without using matches), finding water and making it potable, hunting, fishing, trapping and of course a skill like metal working, carpentry, or emergency medicine is always useful. Remember to start slow, don't become over whelmed, pick a topic that interests you and buy a couple of books and start practicing, also don't forget that there is a wealth of knowledge right here on P/S with many members having decades of experience. Hope this helps, good luck.

15. dlglgraham

dlglgraham New Member

Hi,
    Thanks so much for the advise, have defiantly taken into account. One option for a BOL would/could be a old abandoned military base, that used to hold cruise missiles so already had bunkers but obviously this would only be last case SHTF senario. One thing I am finding difficult though is, rations. As I have so little storage and empty space is so short in the Uk I'm not sure what to store, I think I might have to do more MRE's and meal replacement bars to save on space but not sure what ones to use, any one have experience of which is best in the UK?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Survival Forum

16. bigpaul

bigpaul Well-Known Member

normal procedure is to "store what you eat, eat what you store", I don't rate MRE's very highly, very poor for what you get I think, you could try some of the WAYFARER boil in the bag camping type food, available in most camping shops and on Ebay and it can be stored in a small space.

17. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler

As just mentioned, store what you eat, eat what you store. It is not a great plan to make a major change in diet in the middle of a high stress situation. The choices you have put forward are also fairly expensive.

Even a small apartment has a surprising amount of storage. Under the bed after raising it a bit, behind or under the couch, a coffee table or ottoman with storage inside, under the stairs, a stack of case goods with a cloth over it for a night stand. A little creativity can provide you with quite a store of the goods that you use every day.

18. kprep85

kprep85 Member

hi from north west of the uk

19. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler

kprep85, welcome.

20. kprep85

kprep85 Member

hi Caribou glad to see theres a prepper app back i was sad to see the last one go down