Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So It seems my intro was tossed into cyber space due to a time limit? :gaah:
It wasnt real long...I just have to put it on hold often because of where I'm at...
So I'll keep it shorter.. Me: Mostly white ancestory (Irish, Scottish) except for Native American blood. I cherish all my ancestory too. Most men find me attractive, I never married, no kids. Likes: gardens, I love animals, small towns, warm days in cool rivers, running with my dog, prepping, reading, shooting my gun (yes I clean it too), I like n love alot of other fun N interesting stuff too...just ask.
I keep it simple, I'd like to find a like-minded man who is not a drug user, on parole or probation, alcoholic, or thinks prepping is for crazy tin hat people, etc... who is around my age..late 30's early 40's ..and Im sure there is more but just ask...:surrender:

·
503 Posts
If you don't mind me asking do you know what native american tribe you are? I am something like 1/8 cherokee. Lol defenantly not much. Irish and germen

·
503 Posts
That's cool. How long have you been preeping. I have been doing it most of my life.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...oh I suppose in one way or another in either skills or gear...most of my life as well. I've been gardening and making jam since I was young. I've always been drawn to the outdoors, nature and critters since I was real young. I see it more as a way of life and mindset, as alot of folks on here probably do. Sometimes I almost wish I was born in a different century.. :)

·
503 Posts
Hooch said:
...oh I suppose in one way or another in either skills or gear...most of my life as well. I've been gardening and making jam since I was young. I've always been drawn to the outdoors, nature and critters since I was real young. I see it more as a way of life and mindset, as alot of folks on here probably do. Sometimes I almost wish I was born in a different century.. :)
I agree with that. For entertainment I do pre 1840 mountain man rondezvous. I have learned some very usefull skills doing it. Plus it fun I think I would have fit in during that time better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thus the story of my life. Find someone with something in common and a little thing like 3000 miles gets in your way.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea i know...it seems thats always the problem for me. Remote small towns far from dating opportunities are a real bummer. Had i known how difficult itd be, I would have dated before i moved here...owell...sigh... :)

·
803 Posts
hi...

Im from the pacific northwest region...what bout you?
I love the Redwood "curtain" area....I assume that's where your talking about. My oldest daughter and SIL went to school at the State University there...

Beautiful contry! And great climate!

Jimmy

·
Uber Newbie
3,154 Posts
I know what you mean, sometimes I feel like that too. Modern conveniences and technology are nice, but I think a lot has been lost, feelings of pride in producing something tangible, whether it's making something grow or tending a herd/flock, making something with your hands.

Its a mindset that has been adopted by the culture in general of cheaper, quicker and easier instead of pride of ownership and accomplishment.

I'm just as guilty as anyone else I guess. I'm not out living the mountain man life in the boonies somewhere completely off the grid, and I'm paying my bills like a good little consumer/citizen lol And even my prepping choices are made with technology in mind, I do have a black powder rifle, but only one and I just recently got it, compared to everything else which is a product of modern technology.

I still feel like a fish out of water sometimes though. Like it's just not... right.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dakine...did you ever watch the little house on the prairie shows? That time period I thought was so awesome as in discoveis n technology was being explored n developed, yet people were still self sufficient mostly. I think I'd got along great back then, n I liked that show a lot too. I'd be my dream to set myself up to be able to live like they did on a farm , critters running around..big garden...only have to scrounge up enough $ for taxes n toilet paper n stuff like that.
I guess if the economy crashes...well..when it does I just hope after the chaos , dirtbags n crazies die off we can go back to simpler times like that n start over. I hope I survive it as well as the folks on here..were gonna be foundation for a do-over whether we like it or not eh?
Have you ever watched firefly? I thought it was awesome too...a perfect mix of survival pioneer mindset living on the edge of social norms in a western sci-fi age...loved it! I can see our society going that way eventually too...anyways ..I'm rambling now.
Did you mention you were going to be relocating to Portland?? I've been up there ..well through that way a few times. I love the drive n all the little towns up the 5. Oregon is beautiful!

·
Uber Newbie
3,154 Posts
I remember Little House being on, but I dont remember what I was doing... it wasnt really one that I watched. I think my sister watched it with my parents.

Yeah that would be a pretty nice life! I'd update it a little bit maybe though, a good size farm and ranch, a nice wood shop to tinker around in. So far the lotto has been uncooperative with my dreams though ;)

Portland is definitely on the list for places I'd like to relocate to, but for now I'm chained to my job, so I'm not going anywhere yet. Luckily I can do my job anywhere I have an internet connection so if gas keeps going up maybe we'll go on full time work from home. I just topped off the tank and filled 2 jerry cans and that was $90. Good grief! it's up 50 cents a gallon since I filled up Friday, now it's $4.65

Things like this gas deal where our prices are artificially inflated because of our legislation requiring we use special blends of gas that the rest of the country doesn't use are an example of why I'd like to leave CA, but I think anywhere in the PNW would be great. OR, WA, ID, MT I think any of them would be first choice... getting further away from SD and LA would be a great first step but unless I can convince them to let me go full time working remotely but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I dont watch all that much TV, but I recently got hooked on Wipeout, that show is hilarious! And I cant wait for The Walking Dead to come back! 10 more days! I knew it was close but I wasnt sure how close until I just checked!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts