Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=618&t=53202&p=497304#p497304

I received a PM from SouthCentralUS this morning, she informed me that tunnelvision started a thread on APN on "Recipes From Stored Foods". Not too unusual since that happens across forums but "he/she" seems to have made posts of recipes(verbatim) originally posted by our forum members and has seemingly taken credit for them.

It doesn't bother me that she took credit for the recipes, my objective for any post I make is sharing information and as long is it gets shared - I'm happy.

But.... In your opinions, is that Kosher that he/she seemingly took credit for others information on another forum without citing the source?

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
I like to think of the forum the same way one looks at a paper written for school. Cite sources or fail.

EDIT

I read some of the thread you linked above and the original thread you started here back in 2012...

Ms. Tunnel did not just claim authorship of the recipes she copy and pasted the entire posts they were in INCLUDING YOUR FIRST POST IN THE THREAD! That is plagiarism at its finest and needs to be called out!

Yeah, I'm a bit slow today.

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Completely unethical, they even edited the posts to remove info that would make it obvious they were plagiarizing and claiming other people's words as their own.

Should be banned from both sites for sure, about the worst infraction possible imo.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Trying to build up credibility, notoriety or fame (?) on one site by plagiarizing another is not cool. Regardless of intent, it appears as if something underhanded is afoot.

·
8,927 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

·
8,927 Posts
Honestly that's what it seems like, but to be clear this is not CMG's site. We have no connection and that will never happen again under my watch.

Edit: It appears tunnelvision edited their responses on the other site. I guess someone let them know there was an issue?
I know APN is not a CMG site. I checked. But the behavior seemed very similar and made me think of it. It also made me think of the copyright issues since as CMG said over at Homesteading Today that the posts by members belonged to CMG that CMG might not like someone posting them to a non CMG site.

BTW I told Tunnel about the problem over at APN. Subtle hints were flying over her head so I took a direct approach.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
I created a very good poultry smoking brine, injection an spritz.

I spend allota time findin it on other forums an somebody claims it ta be theirs. I always call em out. I've always shared it freely with the understandin that credit be given where do.

To steal it sucks an I don't stand fer it.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that heads-up, haven't been on your site in a while but am gonna check it out.

No worries though, I wont go posting it and claiming credit.... lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts