TSA "Trusted Travel" program?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Turtle, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Okay, normally I am the first one to suggest that not everything is a conspiracy or the tip of an iceberg, but there is something about this story that just does not sit right with me.

TSA takes first steps toward 'trusted travel' program - CNN.com

Basically, the TSA will speed along travellers who cooperate with them and answer a few voluntary questions, like name, date of birth, and gender, to make sure that you do not match anyone on the terrorist watch lists. So far, no problem. However, they said that this would be the first step in a program... how much more will they require? And how long will the penalty be for not answering? I have no problem with answering some questions, because I know I am not on any watch lists. However, I do not like the direction in which this could go.

2. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy Retired Air Force

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

makes me glad I've already done all of the world travel I care to & anywhere I want to go now can be gotten to by ground vehicle.

4. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

Employment TSA: Sex offenders welcome apply today! No back ground check required. :eek:

5. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

I would go through security naked only if everyone else was too, including all TSA and other security personnel...wouldn't that be a blast?

6. misterbig

misterbig Member

I don't think I want to see an naked TSA employees. Most of them look like Paul Blart.

7. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Lucky.

I am not on a watch list however someone with the same name as me was. From 2002 until 2009 or so, everytime I had to fly (occasionally for my job) I always got rejected by the automated check in machines. They told me I had to see an agent. So wait through a LONG line, usually an hour or more to get to the agent. They would then take my ID and make about 5-10 minutes of phone calls. At which point I'd get my boarding pass and be told to have a nice day.

Finally sometime around 2007 I got sick of this process and asked why I have to go through it. That's when they told me it's someone else with the same name and they just have to make sure I'm not that person. They never asked me any questions, just made their calls. In 2009, out of curiosity, I tried the auto check in again and it worked that time and has ever since too. I guess they either got the other guy or finally removed the name from the list.