TSA Agent Hand-Examination Discovers Colon Cancer on Flyer

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by IrritatedWithUS, May 15, 2011.

1. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

Just Kidding. Thought I'd throw you off on the title!

Here's the real story:

Texas House Bans Offensive Security Pat-Downs « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Texas House Bans Offensive Security Pat-Downs

The Texas House passed a bill that would make it a criminal offense for public servants to inappropriately touch travelers during airport security pat-downs.

Approved late Thursday night, the measure makes it illegal for anyone conducting searches to touch “the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person” including through clothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    AUSTIN (AP) - The Texas House passed a bill that would make it a criminal offense for public servants to inappropriately touch travelers during airport security pat-downs.

Approved late Thursday night, the measure makes it illegal for anyone conducting searches to touch “the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person” including through clothing.

It also prohibits searches “that would be offensive to a reasonable person.”

The bill’s chief sponsor is Republican Rep. David Simpson, who said, “this has to do with dignity and travel, and prohibiting indecent, groping searches.”

He believes it will keep Transportation Security Administration officials from treating travelers like criminals, though the measure may be superseded by federal law.

After a brief but raucous debate, lawmakers approved the measure with little opposition — drawing applause from supporters.
    It also prohibits searches “that would be offensive to a reasonable person.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scanners for everybody! Still dangerous to an extent with radiation but damn, I think this is a victory!!

2. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

:congrat: :congrat: :congrat:

Go Texas!!! I'm so glad this passed - and so glad to see a state with some backbone!!!

3. IrritatedWithUS

I haven't flown since I got my "family jewels" literally fondled and played with by an agent through my pants. I want this law to be in the rest of the 49 states!!!

4. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

ITA

I haven't flown for years. But what kills me is thinking of my sweet, wouldn't-hurt-a-flea 82 year old mother being subjected to this. (And now she and dad are flying more often because their age precludes long driving trips.)

I also hate what this is doing to the aerospace industry. You mentioned not flying since this started, and you're not alone. The industry was already hurting from 9/11. Lots of lost jobs - not just for the airlines, but for the people who design/build/service planes, the people who stock the planes, too.

5. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

I was flying one time and my wired bra kept setting off the detector, TSA had to fill up the sides of my bra just to make sure...

I wear sports bras from now on when I travel.

Those detectors have a Gage, they know just how much metal it is sensing, I imagine a gun or whatever who show higher than my bra wire!

Stupid!

You have to basically undress to get through those things, it takes my husband forever, emptying pockets, taking off his belt, of course he has to wear steel toe big boots, off they come...

6. geoffreys7

geoffreys7 Well-Known Member

I thought this was part of Obamas healthcare program. Didn't you hear, they're training all TSA agents to examine flyers for hernia's, colon cancer, prostrate cancer, etc. :p

7. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Just flew overseas and back myself... Leaving the US and it was everything including shoes and belt gets scanned. You go through metal detector and if it goes off you then get the "special" xray machine. Thankfully I had no metal on my clothes so just the traditional machine and that was it.

Coming back everyone had to go through 2 checks... one general one and then they rescan everyone right before the gate. At the second one I got the "hands on" treatment however it was done professionally with no inappropriate touching. They had both a male and female doing the scanning to avoid opposite sex pat downs. Also both checks did a pretty through manual check of my bag too. Nothing unexpected in there but then I noticed they were checking everyones so I wasn't singled out or anything. Surprisingly they also didn't require anyone to remove shoes or belts either.

8. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

[​IMG]

way to go Granny!

9. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Playing the "Devil's Advocate" here, when I was employed as an airport screener in the 90's (private security company on contract for the airport) I had a family that came through the checkpoint once a week, to greet another family member who traveled.
    The father always wore this danged huge western belt buckle. PO'd me, as I had to always remind him (when he 'buzzed') to take the thing off and try again.....
    His wife was a member of that particular Christian sect where the womenfolk wear their hair in tall beehives (Marge Simpson had nothing on THIS lady!),a nd she had a couple long hairpins in there.....
    I got pretty good with the hand scanner......

I swear they did it just to boost our slow Friday nights......... :rolleyes:

You would not believe some of the crap people put through the scanners.....
    Tons of food - sausage, frozen quail (small dark round objects, LOTS of fun!), honey - all types of electronics, one tin of 104 small live frogs! (thank God the thing didn't pop open!) - a full-size sedan chair for an arriving Professor (his students really idolized him, and I made them dismantle the contraption!) - a human skull - a container of white powder......

And a GI Joe wannabe arriving to pick up a friend - he was in Beret, black T-shirt, camo pants bloused into combat boots and a Kabar on his hip..... I confiscated his knife til he came back out with his visitor. Love to see how today's TDA woulda handled him........ :2thumb:

Sting came through one night along with MTV's "Downtown Julie Brown" - he had his leather jacket adorned with metal bits and chains, and his fancy silver-trimmed walking cane (this was shortly after his motorcycle accident) - I put it all carefully through the X-ray. They were tired and just wanted to get to the plane, gave us NO trouble.

Had one lady with so much metal all over her, she darned near did a striptease for us - Telly Savalas was flying through, ahd whispered to me, "If she takes any more off, we'll really have a show!" Hehehe..... Who loves ya, baby?

Oh yeah..... airport security is non-stop FUN!! :D

Glad I got into IT, where it's safe.......

10. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

The new TSA agent

They are talking about the new TSA agent on the radio this morning ... School bus drivers. :gaah:

Looks like some states are looking into letting the bus driver 'do a pat down on the kids' before they get on the bus.

All I have to say is ... Home School!!!;)

11. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

What is the point of all this Gestapo stuff (in the movies they just asked for your papers :eek:) if they don't go all the way including body cavity searches every time with everyone?

If I'm a bad guy or gal, I'm reasonably sure I could hide enough explosives "where the sun don't shine" to make things real unpleasant on a aircraft -- certainly more explosives than that goofball with the stuff in the heal of his shoe. I'm guessing a female could carry -- what? -- upwards of 2pounds of explosive? The scanners won't detect that!

Don't laugh. Now that the sheeple have accepted unwarranted patdowns at airports, five years from now it will be pat downs at train stations and bus stations; cavity checks will not be uncommon at airports.

:soapboxrant: the fed's primary responsibility is to protect the country from foreign invaders, yet they refuse to control our borders and prevent terrorists from entering -- all the while treating us like criminals.:mad::rantoff:

12. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

New motto...

New TSA motto...

YOU WON'T SEE LONDON...:(

YOU WON'T SEE FRANCE...:mad:

IF WE DON'T SEE YOUR UNDERPANTS! :eek:

13. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

14. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

:eek: I can't believe this is okay with parents. Is there really no line that they won't allow to be crossed? Unbelievable.

15. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

American citizens are being treated as the enemy instead of zeroing in on the real enemies.
    With all the sophisticated ways gubmint can determine threats treating our own citizens like potential enemy combatants is really sad. I won't fly anymore. nope no way.
    And if they make road checkpoints for vehicles well I guess I be walking or just staying home. In the meantime I am writing to senators etc to encourage them to stop this nonsense.

16. IrritatedWithUS

I write letters and I make phone calls to my local government and D.C.
    In a Microsoft Word document, I create a header with a quote from Abraham Lincoln and I list the exact title or law that is in question that I have an issue with. So right away, they know what I want to discuss. Never gotten a phone call back, never reached a government person other than their secretary, and never gotten a letter back. But it won't stop me from *****ing!

17. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

??? I wasn't aware there was such a problem with school dances and proms that kids were being searched like this! Holy cow! I'm glad I grew up in a more relaxed time! No wonder there's so much angst and mistrust permeating all of society. Look at what we're subjected to, and the ideals and other crap out there.