Trucker Shutdown

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by mdprepper, Sep 16, 2013.

1. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Found this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/truckerstoshutdownamerica

My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America on a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions. It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

There is also a movement to have a "Million Trucker" rally in DC on Veteran's Day, November 11, 2013. I could not find a link for this, it is showing in my "news feed" as memes.

I wonder if they will shutdown the VDOT cameras on that day too?

2. camo2460

camo2460 Supporting Member

To little to late. People should have been screaming bloody murder in the streets years ago. The Muslims have already taken over our government and the oil companies that rape the American people on a daily basis, blame us for the high prices. Congress is nothing more than a bunch of blood suckers getting fat off of the suffering of the people they are supposed to serve, and all of the presidents since FDR have all been selfish, self serving, parasitic C-suckers that have been and are leading this country into ruin. We all talk about "when" the SHTF but I say it has already happened. If you look up you can still see the toilet bowl rim as we all swirl into darkness

3. 101airborne

101airborne Well-Known Member

Sorry but that will never happen. I've been a trucker for 15+ years and I know how they are. First off economically most drivers who own their rig can't afford to shut down that long. With truck payments, insurance and everything else as they are they can't. Not to mention even for company drivers many live paycheck to paycheck. While the money is good in trucking it IS NOT as good as say 10 years ago. With rising costs on the road for food and other items take home pay is less than 10 years ago for the most part. I remember when I drove OTR 6-7 years ago you could get a shower at a truck stop free if you fueled or $5 if you didn't. I was in a truck stop a couple weeks ago getting a sandwich and a coke to take with me and a driver was at the fuel desk paying for a shower $10!!!!

Now take in those who drive for a company like mine that gives you only so many missed days a year before they fire you. If you "shut down" for 3 days you wouldn't have a job to return to.

Then you have those who are only worried about themselves and wouldn't cooperate out of sheer stubbornness and an " They ain't doing noting for me so hell with em" attitude.

Similar "strikes" have been talked about for the last 20+ years and nothing has happened.

4. Davarm

Davarm Texan

They are all coming to our Meet-Up on October 11th through 13th, better make your reservations now before the park fills up!

5. TheLazyL

TheLazyL Cowboy

I agree.

Remember the truck convoys in the 70's? Never will happen again, Driver's can't afford too.

6. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

*****, *****, *****. I hear this crap about every five years or so, and in the end,
    they ALWAYS shut up, bend over and pay up.
    I will believe when I see.

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

'Truckers for the Constitution'

'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

Tractor-trailer drivers will intentionally clog the inner loop of the Washington, D.C., beltway beginning on the morning of Oct. 11, according to a coordinator of the upcoming "Truckers Ride for the Constitution" rally.

Organizers of the three-day ride want to call attention to a litany of trucker frustrations and express their disapproval of national political leaders.

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...on-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen

8. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Anyone who has been in DC will tell you that clogging up traffic on the weekend is is hysterically funny :lolsmash:. Why? Because its always clogged up! It takes hours to get through DC. So what would be the point?

Nothing will happen. Drivers want to keep there jobs.

9. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

Well, at least they are trying to do something, which is more than I can even say for myself. All I do is get on this computer and complain. Calling senators doesn't work anymore or writing letters, the special interest lobbyist have more money than my little letter or phone call brings.

What can we do?

10. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Work with those truckers to stop delivery to DC altogether. The heck with clogging the beltway. Just don't deliver any goods to that area for a few days or weeks and see what that does.

11. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

Can't say that I contribute to anything in that area, but will keep that in mind.

Wish the whole country would just shut itself down for three or four days or more. No one go to work, no one buy fuel, no one generate a single tax dollar. But I think that's wishful thinking.

12. mamabear2012

mamabear2012 Well-Known Member

The truckers....the vets....the Komen 3Day walk....all of this on the same weekend in DC. I could see some traffic issues! BTW...I'm working the Komen 3Day so PRAY that I can find my way out of DC if SHTF in any way shape or form on those days. REALLY wishing I hadn't signed up this year because of all this BS going on!

13. Hooch

Hooch Well-Known Member

I just read about the honor guard flight people bringing vets to dc to see the memorials that are closed down. They are going to attempt to storm the barriers in active disobedience n defience to shutting them down and are asking anyone to stand behind them for help...freaking awesome!! I wish I could be there too...

14. lilmissy0740

lilmissy0740 Well-Known Member

Mama, if you have to go into DC the truckers are telling those that support them to write on your car window "T2SDC".

15. Geek999

Geek999 Member

The last time I was in DC with protests going on was after Kent State. The situation degenerated into a police riot. Everything from the mall to Georgetown was tear gassed. It is quite a distance to MD from the mall area, and escape to VA can be easily blocked at the bridges.

I suggest not going anywhere inside the Beltway while things are up in the air.

16. redhorse

redhorse Supporting Member

Twitter shut down the truckers' account today.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/8/pro-constitution-truckers-plan-shut-down-dc-beltwa/

As thousands of federal employees wait for their furloughs to be lifted, thousands of truckers plan to descend on Washington on Friday morning in an effort to shut it down further by not hauling freight for a whole weekend and causing a massive traffic jam.

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker and participant in Truckers Ride for the Constitution, told U.S. News that truckers will circle I-495 — the Capital Beltway — “three lanes deep” to express disapproval of Washington’s leadership.

A list addressing “corruption against our Constitution” will be delivered to lawmakers before the ride, event organizer Zeeda Andrews told the magazine.

Mr. Conlon said that though the truckers are not fighting to impeach President Obama, they are asking for “the arrest of everyone in government who has violated their oath of office”

“We want these people arrested, and we’re coming in with the grand jury to do it,” he added. “We are going to ask the law enforcement to uphold their constitutional oath and make these arrests.”

The Truckers Ride for the Constitution’s Twitter page was suspended within hours of being featured in U.S. News and the Drudge Report. The group’s previous Facebook account, which had gained more than 50,000 likes, was permanently deleted by Facebook. Truckers Ride for the Constitution currently has nearly 62,000 likes

17. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I'm sure they have their CB radios running so screw Facebook and Twitter.

18. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

Right. They'll hurt other people who depend on them for their services. I don't see that as "doing something". How about "doing something productive"?

19. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I have to agree with BillS. What happens if there is an emergency and a fire truck or ambulance needs to get through? How quickly can all if those trucks make a hole?

This isn't "Convoy". Unless Kris Kristopherson drives a truck off of a bridge.

20. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I read, saw, heard that they're going to keep one lane open at all times and make full accommodations for emergency vehicles.