Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried attaching a before & after pics but can't tell if it worked or not. My tractor got her roof put on today. Made out of 1/8 in sheet metal. Still needs some work done but all the dings got knocked out and a new grate for her front was made.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the pics came thru. . . since she just got her new paint job this week, I have to wait awhile but have some purple flowers to still add on along with a pink fuzzy steering wheel cover.

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
Nice! Rock that pink! Were you thinking prettying up the tractor will make your wife want to take over the chores? If it works youve got a special lady you should never let go :)

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
I'm not a fan of pink but it is one of the only ways to keep K from stealing my tools and taking them to work.

Like the hammer I have had since I was a teenager that belonged to my grandfather. K took it to work and it was stolen. Now I have a bright pink hammer. K wouldn't be caught dead with it at work.

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
First, the tractor looks great. My husband would be the one driving it though, I prefer John Deere green.

I'm with Grimm. I had to get a purple and pink accessories to put on my bow so hubby and my girls would quit taking it. Got purple and pink arrows so those quit disappearing as well. Oldest kept teasing me about my "girly" bow. She had outgrown the bow she had so last Christmas the oldest had a brand new PINK compound bow under the tree. That taught her to make fun of me!

Before everyone gets too confused, yes I have girls. They don't like girly "fru fru" stuff which is just fine with me. That just means I don't have to say no to all the expensive clothes and accessories.

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
A gift for the little lady? :scratch

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not normally the girly girl type either but I decided I would have fun with my tractor. I'm the one hunny calls to pull him out whenever he gets stuck with his tractor, skid steer, excavator, truck, etc so I can get a good laugh using this one! If neighbors can see, well all the better!! He knows its all in fun. He got me that old tractor last year for Christmas and said I could paint it whatever color I wanted. Living in a household of all males and me being the only female, well let's just say that I really don't own girly things but now that we have a granddaughter, well I thought us girls needed something for just us for a change.

·
833 Posts
just dont forget to get a cowgirl cadillac to go with it..lol

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
I am not normally the girly girl type either but I decided I would have fun with my tractor. I'm the one hunny calls to pull him out whenever he gets stuck with his tractor, skid steer, excavator, truck, etc so I can get a good laugh using this one! If neighbors can see, well all the better!! He knows its all in fun. He got me that old tractor last year for Christmas and said I could paint it whatever color I wanted. Living in a household of all males and me being the only female, well let's just say that I really don't own girly things but now that we have a granddaughter, well I thought us girls needed something for just us for a change.
I assumed since there was a guy in the picture it was you! Change the lyrics to "HE thinks my tractors sexy" and blare it while getting work done :)

·
3,044 Posts

Attachments

·
3,044 Posts
Why are your exes hanging out with your cousin? And why do they want colored tractors? This sounds like a made for tv movie.
They are not really "hanging out" with my cousin, just by smartphone...exes are widely scattered now (Thank God!). Exes seem to have this odd idea that my old azz needs "looking after." Cousin(s) agree, they think I am the "odd ball" of the family....I can't imagine why! :rofl:

Sometimes life does resemble a "soap opera." Oh, BTW, they wouldn't know what to do with a tractor if they had one....two "city gals," and one "so-called country gal," but her idea of country living is a 4,000 sq. ft. log cabin with 20 acres of yard for the kids to play in....no farming, no animals (except house mutts). She had a Lhaso Apso that I'd have liked to use for "punt, pass & kick practice! D&#n ankle biter! I hate those things!! :eek:

Attachments

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
They are not really "hanging out" with my cousin, just by smartphone...exes are widely scattered now (Thank God!). Exes seem to have this odd idea that my old azz needs "looking after." Cousin(s) agree, they think I am the "odd ball" of the family....I can't imagine why! :rofl:

Sometimes life does resemble a "soap opera." Oh, BTW, they wouldn't know what to do with a tractor if they had one....two "city gals," and one "so-called country gal," but her idea of country living is a 4,000 sq. ft. log cabin with 20 acres of yard for the kids to play in....no farming, no animals (except house mutts). She had a Lhaso Apso that I'd have liked to use for "punt, pass & kick practice! D&#n ankle biter! I hate those things!! :eek:
But it's soooo cute!!

·
Cowboy
3,568 Posts
I tried attaching a before & after pics but can't tell if it worked or not. My tractor got her roof put on today. Made out of 1/8 in sheet metal. Still needs some work done but all the dings got knocked out and a new grate for her front was made.
Nice primer coat! What's the final color going to be? :D

·
3,044 Posts
But it's soooo cute!!
Cute, yes! And about as useless as teats on a boar hog! And that "yap, yap, yap," 24/7 really got on my nerves......:club::club:

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
Cute, yes! And about as useless as teats on a boar hog! And that "yap, yap, yap," 24/7 really got on my nerves......:club::club:
They are good early warning and a good swat or two will stop that yapping. We used to have a shih tzu that liked to bark. Once she got over that she was a great warning system. She would wake me up when the big dogs started growling outside or left the porch quickly.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
I'm not a fan of pink but it is one of the only ways to keep K from stealing my tools and taking them to work.

Like the hammer I have had since I was a teenager that belonged to my grandfather. K took it to work and it was stolen. Now I have a bright pink hammer. K wouldn't be caught dead with it at work.
Good for you to have a tractor of your own. Many women wouldn't even think of it, but I have. I have looked at tractors on Craigslist and know that you can get tractor for a couple thousand $ or a few hundred thousand $.

When my tools would disappear after someone helped me with a project, I decided to paint all of my tool handles pink. I am not a pink girl, per se, but it has helped me to keep my tools.

I was missing my small screw driver for years and had no idea what happened to it until last fall when I was at my daughters and found it in her tool box. It was the pink that gave it away.

I have driven tractors, and I have no problem with a green John Deere tractor. I prefer to have an awning or cab to keep me out of the sun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts