Prepared Society Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
Worn out thumbs....

Just to pipe in ....I'm old, I'm forgetful, I'm getting slower....But....I can still run circles around my grandkids, and their parents.... when it comes to Spelling, Math, History, English , and especially "common sense" I have a worn out back, they have worn out thumbs.Jim
Ever been to Booger King when the computerized cash registers go down? Lord it's fun watching the undereducated trying to make change.....:scratch

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Ever been to Booger King when the computerized cash registers go down? Lord it's fun watching the undereducated trying to make change.....:scratch
:rofl: my niece was helping me in garden digging up weeds with her cell phone in her hand texting. I told her to put it up till we were done.

The grandkids use to spend every summer with us on the farm. Their mother or aunts birthday is in August. They wanted to go to store and buy her a card I told them to make her one. Out of the 6 not a single one not even the oldest 13 yo could fill out an envelope, I was shocked. I taught them how to fill it out.

My granddaughter was talking to me and texting I told her to put the phone away.

·
3,044 Posts
:rofl: my niece was helping me in garden digging up weeds with her cell phone in her hand texting. I told her to put it up till we were done.The grandkids use to spend every summer with us on the farm. Their mother or aunts birthday is in August. They wanted to go to store and buy her a card I told them to make her one. Out of the 6 not a single one not even the oldest 13 yo could fill out an envelope, I was shocked. I taught them how to fill it out.My granddaughter was talking to me and texting I told her to put the phone away.
1. Nowadays I'm as addicted to the electronic marvels as the kids....
2. But I can still do things the "old fashioned way" if necessary, and I know HOW to do it.....
3. Go to the average high school, or COLLEGE, take away their calculators, and spring a general math test on 'em, and watch the fun begin.....:eek:

I am NEVER gonna get that sandwich!!!!

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Just to pipe in ....

I'm old, I'm forgetful, I'm getting slower....

But....

I can still run circles around my grandkids, and their parents.... when it comes to Spelling, Math, History, English , and especially "common sense"

I have a worn out back, they have worn out thumbs.

Jim
Phid I've been with kids so long I forgot much of what I learned in school. But still have to give them refresher courses in manners and most are late 20s one will be 30 next week. Girls don't know how to sit or walk like they use to.

I took all 6 of the ones from Ga to Waffle House. Waitress said she has never seen such well behaved kids, even a customer came up and complimented them. At the time they were 3 thru 9 a couple same age. parents taught them manners too but they also all worked.

I had them 24-7 all summer. I took them snorkeling in The Keyes, rode sky rail up to snow skiing in Gatlinburg, many beach trips and deep sea fishing, roller skating, boating in our little cuddy cabin. We have been to many beaches ,parks always camping in tents 90% of the time. Never did like motels. If they complained about cold just told them to get moving, it worked. They all laughed when I demonstrated how to go down a slope the hard way. And when I broke my tailbone jumping over a kid on skates till they saw I was really hurt, put in time on a donut for awhile. Once in the Ga. Tenn. Mtn.s we were driving up snow turned to ice hill when car started going backwards down hill and papa stepped out of the car and went straight down the hill in his dress shoes for about 50 yards, talk about balance.

In Tenn. we got lost and came up on a militant camp with guns drawn and pointing nowhere to turn around up hill all the way cliff on one side bank on other. Good thing we were all white is all I can say. That trip we had a convoy of 4 cars,10 kids and 8 adults. They held guns on us till we turned around and left. No worry about telling anyone we were lost for next couple hours after we got down from mountain.

They also learned quick never say your bored around us.:D Ashley the joker would always do it to aggravator bless her heart.

·
3,044 Posts
Meerkat....."In Tenn. we got lost and came up on a militant camp with guns drawn and pointing nowhere to turn around up hill all the way cliff on one side bank on other. Good thing we were all white is all I can say. That trip we had a convoy of 4 cars,10 kids and 8 adults. They held guns on us till we turned around and left. No worry about telling anyone we were lost for next couple hours after we got down from mountain."

Tennessee, Kentucky, W.Va., N.C., N Alabama, much of MS, La, and a few other places here in the EAST, yeah, it's a GOOD thing you are "White!" Never mind the WEST, where damn near everywhere you better be "WHITE" if you get on the wrong road and end up the Ayran Brotherhood's back yard. The "ultra-mega-fanatical-extreme Right" is growing by leaps and bounds these days. I would NOT wanna be amongst a band of "ghetto rats" that made the mistake of running up on one of their encampments if the shtf.....I have no clue how well they are "prepared" to last long-term, but I know you really DON'T want to get in a firefight with them on their home ground. Been to a couple "training camps," and them folks have more damn artillery than the 101st, and bunkers full of ammo to go with it!

Don't advertise it much, but I've had a little contact (friendly) with them, and some others, over the years, and I really don't like to think about their "extreme philosophy," but there are times when I'm not at all sure they're WRONG!!~!~! And that's all I'm gonna say about that!

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Meerkat....."In Tenn. we got lost and came up on a militant camp with guns drawn and pointing nowhere to turn around up hill all the way cliff on one side bank on other. Good thing we were all white is all I can say. That trip we had a convoy of 4 cars,10 kids and 8 adults. They held guns on us till we turned around and left. No worry about telling anyone we were lost for next couple hours after we got down from mountain."

Tennessee, Kentucky, W.Va., N.C., N Alabama, much of MS, La, and a few other places here in the EAST, yeah, it's a GOOD thing you are "White!" Never mind the WEST, where damn near everywhere you better be "WHITE" if you get on the wrong road and end up the Ayran Brotherhood's back yard. The "ultra-mega-fanatical-extreme Right" is growing by leaps and bounds these days. I would NOT wanna be amongst a band of "ghetto rats" that made the mistake of running up on one of their encampments if the shtf.....I have no clue how well they are "prepared" to last long-term, but I know you really DON'T want to get in a firefight with them on their home ground. Been to a couple "training camps," and them folks have more damn artillery than the 101st, and bunkers full of ammo to go with it!

Don't advertise it much, but I've had a little contact (friendly) with them, and some others, over the years, and I really don't like to think about their "extreme philosophy," but there are times when I'm not at all sure they're WRONG!!~!~! And that's all I'm gonna say about that!
The extremes on either end of the spectrum are bad news but if it comes to a shoot out between the extremes, I know who I am betting on. I remember the original Black Panther party and their visits to the gun range and they do not stand a chance against the real militia types. JMHO

·
3,044 Posts
TMTactical......you got that right....too many of the "skinheads, AB's, SB's, NKKK, KKK, Hells Angels, Survivalists,etc., etc., etc.," are seasoned VETS, and the ghetto rats wouldn't have a prayer (or time to say one).

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
TMTactical......you got that right....too many of the "skinheads, AB's, SB's, NKKK, KKK, Hells Angels, Survivalists,etc., etc., etc.," are seasoned VETS, and the ghetto rats wouldn't have a prayer (or time to say one).
I have known a few Angles, lived up the street from Sonny Barger (spelling?) in Oakland. I would not want to go toe to toe with any of those folks. I never saw any of the Black Panthers in that neighborhood and never saw any of the Angels in the Panther part of Oakland. Funny how they all talk but also learned to co-exist. In a real SHTF situation, my bets on the Angles.

·
3,044 Posts
Sonny...

I have known a few Angles, lived up the street from Sonny Barger (spelling?) in Oakland. I would not want to go toe to toe with any of those folks. I never saw any of the Black Panthers in that neighborhood and never saw any of the Angels in the Panther part of Oakland. Funny how they all talk but also learned to co-exist. In a real SHTF situation, my bets on the Angles.
I'd go with the Bikers any day over the ghetto trash. "Co-existence" is one thing, feasible in "peacetime." "War," is something else.

https://www.agingrebel.com/14544

The only real (?) opposition the BLM, Black Panthers, Black Muslims, ghetto gangs, have ever had is from rival gangs or LE, they've never been in a real firefight with people who just flat want to wipe them out. As far as "organization, strategy, tactical maneuvers, and coordinated strikes," the BOY SCOUTS could run rings around the ghetto rats.....hell, one sniper with a suppressor could take out half of 'em before they even figured out where he was firing from. That idiot "leader" of the Panthers, and the BLM honcho, that were calling for a "race war" have NO CLUE just how short their life expectancy would be in such an event!

https://downtrend.com/robertgehl/bl...te-man-and-kill-all-of-their-*******-families

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/black-lives-matter-radio-host-calls-race-war-cop-killing

All I gotta say is, "Be careful what ya ask for, ya just might get it, and it just might not go exactly how ya figgered! :pirate:"

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
I'd go with the Bikers any day over the ghetto trash. "Co-existence" is one thing, feasible in "peacetime." "War," is something else.

https://www.agingrebel.com/14544

The only real (?) opposition the BLM, Black Panthers, Black Muslims, ghetto gangs, have ever had is from rival gangs or LE, they've never been in a real firefight with people who just flat want to wipe them out. As far as "organization, strategy, tactical maneuvers, and coordinated strikes," the BOY SCOUTS could run rings around the ghetto rats.....hell, one sniper with a suppressor could take out half of 'em before they even figured out where he was firing from. That idiot "leader" of the Panthers, and the BLM honcho, that were calling for a "race war" have NO CLUE just how short their life expectancy would be in such an event!

https://downtrend.com/robertgehl/bl...te-man-and-kill-all-of-their-*******-families

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/black-lives-matter-radio-host-calls-race-war-cop-killing

All I gotta say is, "Be careful what ya ask for, ya just might get it, and it just might not go exactly how ya figgered! :pirate:"
Thanks for the links. I did not know about downtrend.com. I have added it to my daily news list for future reading. I try to read a balance of the news daily. It is hard to find sites that are even remotely unbiased. I have had to remove so many sites because they have become propaganda liberal trash. CNN, NBC and a couple others that cannot or will not show any news items that does not reflect their agenda, truth be dammed.

·
3,044 Posts
Thanks for the links. I did not know about downtrend.com. I have added it to my daily news list for future reading. I try to read a balance of the news daily. It is hard to find sites that are even remotely unbiased. I have had to remove so many sites because they have become propaganda liberal trash. CNN, NBC and a couple others that cannot or will not show any news items that does not reflect their agenda, truth be dammed.
Downtrend covers the spectrum, Left, Right, Middle....what I like about them is the give the facts, doesn't matter which direction they're coming from, and they cover stuff you'll NEVER see in main-stream media, and certainly not on the Communist News Network, Now Bill Clinton network, etc. And they provide documentation links/quotes.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/al-s...losed-after-employees-detain-black-shoplifter

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/l...trump-cnn-faces-racial-discrimination-lawsuit

https://downtrend.com/71superb/liberal-lawyer-claims-being-in-the-us-illegally-is-not-illegal

Oh crap, the pups have corralled something in the yard.....back shortly.....

Well, THAT was interesting....armadillo, all curled up in a ball, and the pups couldn't get it to "open," so they were just kinda playing soccer with it!! Well, at least it wasn't Mr. 'Gator finding his way home, coulda been worse!

Bout my bedtime....catch y'all tomorrow, lazy Friday, trip to the Post Office, and I'm through for the day! :wave:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts

We can thank the dividers and enablers for most of our divisions. Crime pays them well. Anyone wonder why so many drugs keep coming in and our cities are filled with gangs, yet a white compound [ Waco ] gets blown to hell for UN-proven child abuse, well we showed them about child abuse, huh? Nobody will ever abuse those Waco kids again.

Then a whole bar of bikers locked up and Nevada ranchers yet 1000s of cartels and gangs in our streets seem to be elusive. :confused:

·
3,044 Posts
We can thank the dividers and enablers for most of our divisions. Crime pays them well. Anyone wonder why so many drugs keep coming in and our cities are filled with gangs, yet a white compound [ Waco ] gets blown to hell for UN-proven child abuse, well we showed them about child abuse, huh? Nobody will ever abuse those Waco kids again. Then a whole bar of bikers locked up and Nevada ranchers yet 1000s of cartels and gangs in our streets seem to be elusive. :confused:
Welllllll, truth be known, that barful of Bikers did get a bit, um, er, "rowdy!"

WACO was a disaster, period. Had they wanted to arrest David Koresh, all they had to do was pick him up in town, or on the way in/back from town. He was well known to the Sheriff (they were friends, actually), and could have been "arrested" anytime, without fuss. No, the Liberal "Powers-That-Be" wanted the WHOLE COMPOUND wiped off the face of the earth. Obliterated. Their way of sending a message to the "radical Right." That there were a few little problems, like "unproven allegations," got lost in the smoke. Interesting notes:
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/27/u...-acquitted-of-key-charges.html?pagewanted=all

https://books.google.com/books?id=M...anch Davidians convictions overturned&f=false (Read pages 7 & 8.)

And let's not forget Randy Weaver and his family. The FBI Sniper originally charged with manslaughter, in STATE COURT, but the Feds took over, removed the case to FEDERAL COURT, and killed the case. (No pun intended.)

"Manslaughter charge[edit]
Wikisource has original text related to this article:
Press Release Regarding Charges Filed Against Lon Horiuchi
In 1997, Boundary County, Idaho Prosecutor Denise Woodbury, with the help of special prosecutor Stephen Yagman, charged Horiuchi in state court with involuntary manslaughter over his killing of Vicki Weaver. The U.S. Attorney filed a notice of removal of the case to federal court, which automatically took effect under the statute for removal jurisdiction[7] where the case was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge on May 14, 1998, who cited the supremacy clause of the Constitution which grants immunity to federal officers acting in the scope of their employment.[2]

The decision to dismiss the charges was reversed by an en banc panel of the Ninth Circuit, which held that enough uncertainty about the facts of the case existed for Horiuchi to stand trial on state manslaughter charges.[2] Ultimately, the then-sitting Boundary County prosecutor, Brett Benson, who had defeated Woodbury in the 2000 election, decided to drop the charges because he felt it was unlikely the state could prove the case and too much time had passed. Yagman, the special prosecutor, responded that he "could not disagree more with this decision than I do."[8]

The Ninth Circuit granted Boundary County's motion to dismiss the case against Horiuchi on September 14, 2001.[9]" (From Wikipedia, which at times has its uses.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lon_Horiuchi

Meanwhile, there are 1.4+ MILLION "gang members" in the U.S. (Reported by CNN, imagine that!) http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/21/justice/gang-membership-increase/

As opposed to 750,000 "sworn" law enforcement officers (those with general arrest powers)......https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/nsleed.pdf

I won't even get into the Nevada rancher thing, but yes, there's another complete fiasco. So is the Fed's interference in many of the "water rights disputes" in the West......

You don't suppose there's just a weee bit wrong with these pictures, do ya? But then, the "Left" just LOVES that "criminal element," and "police state authority," don't they? :scratch

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
According to our society your not in a police state till they come after you personally,then it is too late.

You can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand

FIRST THEY CAME...............

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Meerkat...quoting you, "How do you deal with all this and not be nuts and angry? I have to vent sometimes."

How? I have NO CLUE, and I'd hardly blame you for being "nuts/angry." I don't have any relatives that are homosexuals (that I know of, anyway), and I really don't know HOW I would react. The long-term statistics show a direct correlation, however, between the "rising number of homosexuals," and the "liberalization of public education" over the past 60 years, so "MY" thought would be it's the LIBERAL brainwashing/indoctrination factories we call "public schools" that are responsible for psychologically screwing up the kids so bad that now they can't even make up their own mind what "sex" they are. It's a sad situation, and at this point, about the only thing any parents can (and should) do is start their kids out in PRIVATE school from day one, or "home school" them from day one.
Pess, it is very hard to deal with. It hurts but if she did something to herself I'd have to lie with that and it would destroy me. I may be wrong but that's how I feel.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Most "Christians" don't even understand that it was the "Jews" (Tribe of Judah) along with a few Levites that returned to Jerusalem after their "captivity." The OTHER tribes were scattered, nearly all eventually ending up in Europe (Denmark equates to "Dan's mark," for example). There really are no "lost tribes," as their migratory history can be found....just takes a lot of wading through numerous historical texts. The "Jews" that did not convert to Christ's teachings were rejected, and were some of the early Christian's worst persecutors/enemies (Paul, for example, before his conversion).
The modern day nation we call Israel, claimed by the Jews as their land, their heritage, given by Yahweh to them, actually belongs to ALL of the descendants of the 12 tribes (plus, of course, Manessah & Ephriam), and not to just the "Jews." Yahweh divided the land between the tribes....it does NOT all belong to Judah. As you point out, there is MUCH to learn from studying history, but very few take the time or make the effort to do so.
This "lack of study," unfortunately extends to our modern day pastors.....an astounding number of which have simply thrown the Bible out the window, and have kow-towed before the altar of Liberal socio-political correctness. As a result, most "mainstream churches" have become nothing more than mouthpieces for the Left, and worse. The apostasy prophecied in the New Testament is well under way, and what better way for Lucifer to destroy the "church," than from WITHIN? The people sit in the pews, follow their "leaders," and never once open their Bibles to verify ANYTHING the pastor may say! The "corporate churches" are simply falling away and becoming bastions of Leftist socio-political rhetoric!
One must be very careful in choosing a church to attend these days. The key is, are they doing their best to actually follow the Bible, or are they playing "follow the politically correct line of the day?"
I wish I could be clear with my presentation of syntax and grammar as you and Weedy are. It would sure help my presentation in getting my points across.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts