Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
I agree with most of this post. But it is getting to the point now that what anyon like me or others think isn't important. I just hope and pray a little more each day.
Can't argue with that! "Thinking" doesn't seem to be widely practiced these days....better to be "prayed up and prepared for anything!"

·
Banned
12 Posts
Religion has no place in public schools.. If we allow one religion, we must allow all.

Do people really want to see public property littered with dozens of different religious signs?

or..

Do specific religions think that only their signs should be allowed?

Freedom of religion is the same as freedom from religion.. all one needs to do is put their critical thinking cap on and run the philosophical arguments to their end to see it.

People should be free to practice their religion.. but they should not be free to impose those beliefs upon others.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Religion has no place in public schools.. If we allow one religion, we must allow all.

Do people really want to see public property littered with dozens of different religious signs?

or..

Freedom of religion is the same as freedom from religion.. all one needs to do is put their critical thinking cap on and run the philosophical arguments to their end to see it.

People should be free to practice their religion.. but they should not be free to impose those beliefs upon others.
Sadly only one is allowed in schools now. And if you don't like it they will lock you up.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts

or..

Murby, I am an AGNOSTIC but I have never felt intimidated because because a school or government facility had a religious symbol on their property. I never felt that I was being indoctrinated or forced to become a believer. I wish every person could enjoy these artistic endeavors and not place undo emphasis on the symbol. I don't take offence if it is Jewish, Muslim, Hindu or any other faith. Just the fact somebody cared enough to place the symbol is enough for me. I feel it is more tyrannical to force others to comply with a persons dislike for religious symbols. As I understand the Constitution, it was meant to prohibit Our government from endorsing a specific religion and the constitution makes it possible for all religions to flourish, I don't believe it was intended to deprive anybody from placing religious symbols on public property. I believe people should be free to practice their religions but other should not be free to impose they desire to prohibit other from their symbols. JMHO.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Mat.22:21 was Jesus seperating religion from government? Or was He just telling them to pay their taxes? Give honor to the King where honor is deserved and to God where faith is observed." Render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar and unto God what belongs to God.

I don't think we need to mix religion with education. It can cause much conflict and division.

Far as religion is concerned only two promote violence and submission. Muslim Hadith,Quran and Hebrew Old Testament Torah. Jesus came to change one and Hebrews no longer obey their Torah's teachings about stoning, burning and beheading non believers. All other religions pretty much allow to live and let live.

·
3,044 Posts
Hmmm...

No nationalism, culture or patriotism allowed anymore for Christian nations anywhere.
I'm not so sure the "Christian Nations" any longer deserve that title. The"falling away" has been going on for a long time now. Wonder how many sitting in the pews today are actually "believers?" My guess is not many. :dunno:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I'm not so sure the "Christian Nations" any longer deserve that title. The"falling away" has been going on for a long time now. Wonder how many sitting in the pews today are actually "believers?" My guess is not many. :dunno:
You have a point. Maybe I should say ' Christian Profession ' nations.

Now and then you see a few good men young men who are fed up but they are small in numbers. Most look like they don't know which way to wear a hat or how to size their pants.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Murby, I am an AGNOSTIC but I have never felt intimidated because because a school or government facility had a religious symbol on their property. I never felt that I was being indoctrinated or forced to become a believer. I wish every person could enjoy these artistic endeavors and not place undo emphasis on the symbol. I don't take offence if it is Jewish, Muslim, Hindu or any other faith. Just the fact somebody cared enough to place the symbol is enough for me. I feel it is more tyrannical to force others to comply with a persons dislike for religious symbols. As I understand the Constitution, it was meant to prohibit Our government from endorsing a specific religion and the constitution makes it possible for all religions to flourish, I don't believe it was intended to deprive anybody from placing religious symbols on public property. I believe people should be free to practice their religions but other should not be free to impose they desire to prohibit other from their symbols. JMHO.
I understand your point but we are free to associate or not associate with whom we please. If we associate our kids with other beliefs or non beliefs it can be confusing for their growing minds. Once older they should seek the truth with a mature mind. I also would not ALLOW my kids to be taught 'sex ed' in school. Back then you had to sign permission forms. Now that the feds are raising our youth parents have no choice. Since sex ed was started the majority of our youth have no respect for their bodies ,especially the females. And STDs are epidemic.

There is a right of association also. If I remember correctly.

·
3,044 Posts
Meerkat...quoting you, "I also would not ALLOW my kids to be taught 'sex ed' in school. Back then you had to sign permission forms. Now that the feds are raising our youth parents have no choice. Since sex ed was started the majority of our youth have no respect for their bodies ,especially the females. And STDs are epidemic."

If you take a look at most "sex ed" courses in public Junior & Senior High Schools these days, they are nothing more than brainwashing programs pushing homosexuality as being "normal/just another lifestyle," and promiscuity as being "no big deal" due to the availability of "free condoms, free birth control pills," and of course if you do get a wee bit pregnant, you can always visit "Planned Parenthood" and schedule your abortion!

When the "Liberals" took over control of the public schools many, many, DECADES ago, that was likely the WORST thing that could have happened to American moral/ethical values, and it has led directly to a very good chunk of what we see today. The other great "downfall," has taken place in the home, single-parent families, that just let their kids run wild in the streets, could care less whether they receive an education, and just want to make excuses for their own lack of parenting. ("Oh, he a good boy, he din't mean to rob that 7/11 and shoot the cashier four times!") Oh crap, I don't even wanna get started...it's just too depressing. :brickwall:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Meerkat...quoting you, "I also would not ALLOW my kids to be taught 'sex ed' in school. Back then you had to sign permission forms. Now that the feds are raising our youth parents have no choice. Since sex ed was started the majority of our youth have no respect for their bodies ,especially the females. And STDs are epidemic."

If you take a look at most "sex ed" courses in public Junior & Senior High Schools these days, they are nothing more than brainwashing programs pushing homosexuality as being "normal/just another lifestyle," and promiscuity as being "no big deal" due to the availability of "free condoms, free birth control pills," and of course if you do get a wee bit pregnant, you can always visit "Planned Parenthood" and schedule your abortion!

When the "Liberals" took over control of the public schools many, many, DECADES ago, that was likely the WORST thing that could have happened to American moral/ethical values, and it has led directly to a very good chunk of what we see today. The other great "downfall," has taken place in the home, single-parent families, that just let their kids run wild in the streets, could care less whether they receive an education, and just want to make excuses for their own lack of parenting. ("Oh, he a good boy, he din't mean to rob that 7/11 and shoot the cashier four times!") Oh crap, I don't even wanna get started...it's just too depressing. :brickwall:
It is depressing and I try not to get started with it. But then how do we ignore this when we see what is doing and has done to the younger generation?

There is a plan from evil people to control and they can't control free people so they figured out a way to make us docile and shut us up.IMO.

I don't have anything against homosexuals but I also don't have anything for them either. I don't want their ways taught to our young. The apple of my eye my oldest granddaughter is one. I love her still but don't fell right around her and she hugs me so tight and tells me how she loves me. She is very smart but deals with depression so I have to worry she may hurt herself. At first I didn't speak to her for 3 years. I cried all the time thinking if something happened I'd be partly to blame. She would smell my old letters and look at our picture all the time. How do you deal with all this and not be nuts and angry? I have to vent sometimes.

I have 11 grown grandkids and this year 3 more great grandkids were born so think it is 10 great grand kids now.:dunno:

·
3,044 Posts
How???

Meerkat...quoting you, "How do you deal with all this and not be nuts and angry? I have to vent sometimes."

How? I have NO CLUE, and I'd hardly blame you for being "nuts/angry." I don't have any relatives that are homosexuals (that I know of, anyway), and I really don't know HOW I would react. The long-term statistics show a direct correlation, however, between the "rising number of homosexuals," and the "liberalization of public education" over the past 60 years, so "MY" thought would be it's the LIBERAL brainwashing/indoctrination factories we call "public schools" that are responsible for psychologically screwing up the kids so bad that now they can't even make up their own mind what "sex" they are. It's a sad situation, and at this point, about the only thing any parents can (and should) do is start their kids out in PRIVATE school from day one, or "home school" them from day one.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
I have two nieces that are homosexuals. I made my choices and I will not try to make theirs. I love them and wish the best for them. I don't fully understand them. All I can do is to accept them for who they are. The option is to drive them from my life. That is not acceptable.

I have done things my family would rather I had done differently. I did not let them control my life.

I have a family member that is a junkie. I love her and always will. I no longer trust her unsupervised. We all must make our choices and sometimes our families feel let down. Sometimes we let ourselves down.
Caribou, very well stated. I will not condemn them, nor will I congratulate them either. They make the choice (or nature does, depending on which authority is quoted) and it is not my life to live. With that being said, I DO NOT WANT schools teaching any form of morality. Once schools are allowed to teach what is moral, then the schools decide what is moral, not the parents. I have started discussion with my sons regarding home schooling or at a minimum, a private schools matching their beliefs for my grandchildren.

Time will tell.

·
3,044 Posts
Hmmm...

Caribou, very well stated. I will not condemn them, nor will I congratulate them either. They make the choice (or nature does, depending on which authority is quoted) and it is not my life to live. With that being said, I DO NOT WANT schools teaching any form of morality. Once schools are allowed to teach what is moral, then the schools decide what is moral, not the parents. I have started discussion with my sons regarding home schooling or at a minimum, a private schools matching their beliefs for my grandchildren.

Time will tell.
I agree with your post, but (the infamous "but"), am not at all sure about the
"They make the choice (or nature does, depending on which authority is quoted) and it is not my life to live," part. How much of that "choice" was influenced by the liberal public educational system, the glorification of homosexuals in the liberal media/TV programs and liberal entertainment industry? I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but in my opinion, the kids today are being TOLD WHAT IS RIGHT/GOOD, and NOT being taught how to weigh/analyze the facts, information, so THEY can make up "their own" minds. Schools these days do not teach students HOW to "think," they indoctrinate them as to WHAT they should think. :mad:

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
I agree with your post, but (the infamous "but"), am not at all sure about the
"They make the choice (or nature does, depending on which authority is quoted) and it is not my life to live," part. How much of that "choice" was influenced by the liberal public educational system, the glorification of homosexuals in the liberal media/TV programs and liberal entertainment industry? I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but in my opinion, the kids today are being TOLD WHAT IS RIGHT/GOOD, and NOT being taught how to weigh/analyze the facts, information, so THEY can make up "their own" minds. Schools these days do not teach students HOW to "think," they indoctrinate them as to WHAT they should think. :mad:
I absolutely agree with your statement and no "BUT". This generations is being indoctrinated. It used to be wait for the sex scene in movies --- now it is wait for the lesbian scene. You are correct it is not just the schools "but" I was trying to limit my topic response.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts

Time will tell.
So right schools should teach academics only no politics or social issues involving personal lifestyles.

My granddaughter is so good in so many ways and we never speak of her lifestyle. She never displays any type whatsoever of her lifestyle around us or her mother. If anyone in this world loves me and hubby it is her. She emails her Papa every day. And we talk on the phone just saw her on last trip to Stone Mountain.

It's all about the agenda to bring us down. Now they are talking about zoophilia in college. Some of the PRIDE parades have had zoophiles in them. How much can we take? even Sodom and Gomorrah had its limits. Supreme Court talking about lowering age for sex with kids. Is this Saudi Arabia where they marry 6yr olds? Will they force marriage with animals on us next?

·
3,044 Posts
Limit....

I absolutely agree with your statement and no "BUT". This generations is being indoctrinated. It used to be wait for the sex scene in movies --- now it is wait for the lesbian scene. You are correct it is not just the schools "but" I was trying to limit my topic response.
Yeah, I know what you mean....sometimes I get carried away, too, and just don't know when to put a sock in it!:scratch

·
3,044 Posts
Caribou....quoting you, "My mother says that she had a better education than I and that her mother had a better education than she did. Furthermore she says that the younger generation is getting a poorer education than I got. I think she is right, education is going downhill." No argument there...."Mom" is absolutely correct!

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean....sometimes I get carried away, too, and just don't know when to put a sock in it!:scratch
I had a good ol time making myself sick last night. I need to say the prayer on days like this. The shooting of those kids got me off to a rage, not that I blamed the shooter just more lives wasted.

Lord fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff and nudge me when I've said enough.:surrender:

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Just to pipe in ....

I'm old, I'm forgetful, I'm getting slower....

But....

I can still run circles around my grandkids, and their parents.... when it comes to Spelling, Math, History, English , and especially "common sense"

I have a worn out back, they have worn out thumbs.

Jim

21 - 40 of 57 Posts