Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/189...-town-year-forced-removed-public-high-school/

A year after an Ohio school board vote forced a public high school to remove a popular painting of Jesus, town residents have brought it back. Creatively.

Since 1971, the Good Shepherd painting-which depicts Jesus Christ in a field of lambs-had hung at John Glenn High School in New Concord, Ohio.

The painting became a proud part of the school's history until 2013, when the American Civil Liberties Union got involved, asking the district to have the painting taken down. The school board voted 5-0 to remove it.

But the residents of New Concord weren't about to let a school board vote determine what happened with the spirit of the painting. Last Tuesday, the image was back up.

In plain view of the school where the image gained notoriety, it is now on a $6,000 sign that's lit up with neon lighting in the front yard of town residents Terry and Cathy Hodgson. The Zanesville Times Recorder reports:

"We're excited to have this piece of our own history back up," said Jeanette Moll, a Zanesville attorney who helped organize the effort to get the sign.

The sign, done by the Kessler Sign Co., was finished Tuesday. It is lit from within, Moll said, so it can be seen at night, and the image is the same as that of the Good Shepherd painting, which was removed last year. Psalm 23 from the Bible is inscribed on the sign.

There are obvious religious overtones at play here, with a sign featuring the image of Jesus Christ on it.

When 80-year-old Latin teacher Margaret Barnett died in the classroom on May 7, 1971, the reeling school staff purchased the portrait.

It was displayed in memory for decades in the school's lobby. According to Central Ohio's WBNS-TV, the painting reflected the fact that "she was the good shepherd of the students for this community." As one commenter put it:

jesus painting memory

While the government has recently dealt with First Amendment cases involving overtly religious monuments in public and government settings-in 2005's McCreary County v. ACLU of Kentucky and Van Orden v. Perry cases-New Concord residents have managed to dodge a legal bullet with the new iteration of the image.

Since it's technically not physically on public school property-despite it being in clear view of the school and the students that attend it-the sign is allowed to stay up.

The dedication ceremony for the new sign will take place at the end of the month, and it seems that this time, the image and reason behind it are here to stay.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Now that is a cool story! :2thumb:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Another of the rights being used against us. Now footbaths are in our universities and at Princeton separation of genders to appease Islamic doctrine.

Far as the ACLU, they are the worse thing that ever crawled out of hell,imo. I think they work for islam and Jesuits aka Black Pope[ who isn't black of course].

Personally I don't think religion should be in our schools for this very reason above. We have the right to freedom of religion and yes even freedom from religion. I don't want my kids in a classroom where they may be speaking in tongues or passing rattle snakes and poison around. And I sure don't want any muslim wife beating or stoning classes being taught.

Also don't want some banana yielding pervert teacher demonstrating how to have oral sex to my kids either , like one of the fems did a few years back.

IMO sex ,politics and religion should be taught at home. A moment of silence is ok that way you can pray, think perverted thoughts or whatever you want to do privately.

One of you hear showed me a couple years ago who the religions were on our Supreme Court Frieze ,Talk about a RUDE AWAKENING!!:eek: :confused: . Mohammad on my supreme court wall! Holding the quran and a sword no less

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
The Court has not always interpreted the constitutional principle as absolute, and the proper extent of separation between government and religion in the U.S. remains an ongoing subject of impassioned debate but the separetion of church and state has some logic to it.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
The Court has not always interpreted the constitutional principle as absolute, and the proper extent of separation between government and religion in the U.S. remains an ongoing subject of impassioned debate but the separetion of church and state has some logic to it.
Many will soon realize the separation of church and state is a good thing. Especially now that the only religion rising and growing now is islam.

·
Inconspicuous Been Around Guy
1,567 Posts
Separation of Church and State was a desire and suggestion of Thomas Jefferson. It is NOT U.S. law, nor is it in the Constitution.

"...Congress will make NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, NOR prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Separation of Church and State was a desire and suggestion of Thomas Jefferson. It is NOT U.S. law, nor is it in the Constitution.

"...Congress will make NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, NOR prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Correct. Laws matter not intentions. Of course we are seeing the logic behind the seperation. :eek: Look who is out and who is in our schools now.

·
Banned
592 Posts

Seems to be some confusion here... ACLU may be the complainant, but the courts are the ones that issue the rulings. If you have any complaint about the justice or constitutionality of any ruling, that is on the Courts of the United States , not on who filed the complaint.

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It's the establishment of religion part that is problematic .. it can't appear that the government, and if a school takes tax dollars then that is government, is endorsing one religion over another. most of the rulings run along the lines of allow none or allow all religions to be represented equally . Most communities chose the "none" option rather than allow the endorsement and display of Satanism or Paganism or now the big boogyman of Islam .. along side Christian displays .. i'm not even going to try and figure out how Pagan elves and decorated trees , and flying Reindeer , yule logs became Christian symbols .. don't get me started on pagan rabbits and eggs, fertility symbols of Spring became Christian Easter ( Oester or Eoster or Ostara https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre )

Anyway you can totally have all the Christian symbols pictures prayer services in public schools you want so long as you also have all the Pagan Islamic Hindu Buddhist Shinto ect ect ect which in a practical sense wouldn't leave any time to teach math ( they don't call them Arabic-Hindu Numbers for nothing you know https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals )/numerology/Kabballah or writing/mystic runes/alchemical symbols ... What you put up on private land isn't/ shouldn't / be any business of the government. Speaking of which.. how come nobody complains that every page of the Bible, every verse of the Bible in any modern bible, and bible in English is marked by pagan and Arabian numbers that weren't even invented until AD500 .. that sure as heck wasn't how they were originally marked , I would think that would be considered tampering or changing by more than a tittle or dot the Word of the Lord and what about the fact most people have been denied the knowledge of even how to number the words of God? I mean just speaking of "education" ...

I don't see why folks get upset about that... it is in the First Amendment because the Church of England was supported by taxes collected from everybody regardless of what faith they were.. except when England was ruled by the Catholics, then the Catholic church was support by taxes collected from everybody regardless what faith they were. and in either case the King was either the head of the church, or was appointed by the head of the church, or crowned by the head of the church.

That annoyed some of those wild and crazy free thinking guys we call founding fathers.

And if Christianity isn't the fastest growing religion then there is either a problem with it's message or it's messengers .. and I don't think the problem is the message.

Can't we all just get along.. nobody has any problems with our money, sure, it says "In God we trust" but have you looked at it.. those are Greek and Roman pagan gods and temples and goddesses or ancestor worship or anmalist totems of eagles and buffalos .. are you sure that "In God we trust" means the Christian God? how do you know? you carry around stuff covered on both sides with pagan symbols and ancestors , mortal men , pagan gods and goddesses, not a single Christian symbol, and again it's all about Hindu-Arabic pagan pre Islamic numbers all business is conducted in them, we all have a social security number in pagan numbers, that is what they said about the mark of the beast. Everybody would be marked and would have to do business under the mark of the beast? ... and nobody complains ... I have to wonder if anybody even notices ?

You guys are so distracted and upset that a coach can't lead a team prayer at a football game you miss the whole deception ... arrgh

·
Hangin' n learnin'
390 Posts
Nice story. Since the members of the school board apparently do not have the voice of the community, students and teachers, maybe through due process they should be voted off the school board and relieved of their service...permanently...and let no one forget how they handled this issue so they are never nominated again. It's kind of like how we handle politicians...at least on the local level...do your job right, or else. If it were that important and the board was pro, they could have left well enough alone when the ACLU "asked" for it's removal, and instead, just tell them to go pound sand.

Every time I hear/read a headline beginning with ACLU or ASPCA nothing good ever seems to come of it. In this case, however, they're sticking it in the ACLU's faces with their thumbs on their noses and fingers waving, as if to say "can't touch this!!!"...I like it!!!

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
Too bad they didn't plaster the city with hundreds of those pictures in every yard & business. And ostracize the person who intitiated the lawsuit.

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
So what is the ACLU going to do where the muzzies want prayer rooms in the schools?
Advocate for it, of course! Maybe this will help people wake up to the fact that government school is no place to raise a Christian kid. Probably not. Apparently no ones noticed that kids raised up in church are largely not Christian as adults & maybe we have bigger fish to fry than a sign. Even if they set up Muslim prayer rooms in every school in America, for most parents that would still beat having to pay for their child's education or having their little darlings with them all day. Most are fine with spitting out kid after kid but are too busy fulfilling themselves & chasing the almighty dollar to be bothered much with them. Put the kids in a government institution. We've lost our minds.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
So what is the ACLU going to do where the muzzies want prayer rooms in the schools?
They will fight to have more ' refugees ' brought in and more prayer rooms and foot baths.

The alphebet zionist will not stop till they rule over the whole world and eliminate the main problem, the cracker man and his pesky freedumb loving tribe. It is workign and going according to plan. Fools are such willing partners in their own destruction.

Knowledge is not healthy when it comes to religion. Solomon was right.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
What is an alphabet Zionist?
ACLU, SPLC, Zionist created lawyers group NAACP, DOE, NWO, DOD aka military complex. I put up a couple of videos on the subject but most refuse to watch anything that interferes with their own beliefs. If someone tells me something I don't like I INVESTIGATE not attack or ignore the messenger. Most people are so insecure about what they believe they can't handle any facts that get in their way. Like libs rules for radicals attacking is easier,less work.

There is a huge difference in Hebrews and apostate Zionist although most don't know it, including most hebrews. Zionist completely run and control all entertainment, violence filth and agendas, protect islam while claiming they are at war with it. That's why they are fighting to bring infiltrate billions of muslims into western societys all over Europe and the Americas.

Most jews are not apostate Zionist they are like a lot of Christians who are deceived by their teachers ,IMO. Even though Jesus himself warned us about these false apostates many still believe the lies the Jesuits and zionist tell them.

Plus Hollyhoods bombard us with the hallocaust and the true horror done to several million jews, not one of these movies speak of the millions of chritians Hitler the butcher murdered along with the jews.

Like slavery which is a evil thing no matter who is involved. The lies about the slave traders and who the perpetraters were are taught to all and all the blame goes onto the white man alone. Whites were guilty as hell but so were blacks who sold them and who still own their slaves today. Whites are the only race on earth who abolished slavery and for a century has tried to make up for it but it too was used as a weapon against us instead of amends to the blacks. Now blacks live in ghettos and create crime along with the people and drug smugglers the ACLU and SPLC keeps parading across our borders. Our schools and universities have been high jacked by liars with an agenda.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
ACLU, SPLC, Zionist created lawyers group NAACP, DOE, NWO, DOD aka military complex. I put up a couple of videos on the subject but most refuse to watch anything that interferes with their own beliefs. If someone tells me something I don't like I INVESTIGATE not attack or ignore the messenger. Most people are so insecure about what they believe they can't handle any facts that get in their way. Like libs rules for radicals attacking is easier,less work.

There is a huge difference in Hebrews and apostate Zionist although most don't know it, including most hebrews. Zionist completely run and control all entertainment, violence filth and agendas, protect islam while claiming they are at war with it. That's why they are fighting to bring infiltrate billions of muslims into western societys all over Europe and the Americas.

Most jews are not apostate Zionist they are like a lot of Christians who are deceived by their teachers ,IMO. Even though Jesus himself warned us about these false apostates many still believe the lies the Jesuits and zionist tell them.

Plus Hollyhoods bombard us with the hallocaust and the true horror done to several million jews, not one of these movies speak of the millions of chritians Hitler the butcher murdered along with the jews.

Like slavery which is a evil thing no matter who is involved. The lies about the slave traders and who the perpetraters were are taught to all and all the blame goes onto the white man alone. Whites were guilty as hell but so were blacks who sold them and who still own their slaves today. Whites are the only race on earth who abolished slavery and for a century has tried to make up for it but it too was used as a weapon against us instead of amends to the blacks. Now blacks live in ghettos and create crime along with the people and drug smugglers the ACLU and SPLC keeps parading across our borders. Our schools and universities have been high jacked by liars with an agenda.
I heard someone speaking about 9/11 and how it was really Israelies behind the attacks. He also talked about how Netanyahu was a thug in his younger days, and not someone to be trusted (along with many other Israeli notables). All this time, I thought that we Christians were aligned with Israel. I think it takes some studying to realize that Israel is the land of the Jews, but not all Jews are to be trusted or aligned with.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I heard someone speaking about 9/11 and how it was really Israelies behind the attacks. He also talked about how Netanyahu was a thug in his younger days, and not someone to be trusted (along with many other Israeli notables). All this time, I thought that we Christians were aligned with Israel. I think it takes some studying to realize that Israel is the land of the Jews, but not all Jews are to be trusted or aligned with.
Natanyahoo also is on tape bragging about how America does what Israel tells us to do. All the wars and conflicts over the middle east is inspired by Israel. Many Christians send their kids to die in these wars for this non Hebrew aka jewish cult. SSP and the Cosmic Space. The Cabal aka Elite is busy but may be defeated soon.

Our nation is being destroyed ;the minds of our children are being brainwashed in their DOE and crime is rampant. I hope their plans for their NWO along with the Black Pope and England is lost in this election but who knows.

Here is what most jews an all Zionist REALLY think about Jesus and Christians.

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
Most "Christians" don't even understand that it was the "Jews" (Tribe of Judah) along with a few Levites that returned to Jerusalem after their "captivity." The OTHER tribes were scattered, nearly all eventually ending up in Europe (Denmark equates to "Dan's mark," for example). There really are no "lost tribes," as their migratory history can be found....just takes a lot of wading through numerous historical texts. The "Jews" that did not convert to Christ's teachings were rejected, and were some of the early Christian's worst persecutors/enemies (Paul, for example, before his conversion).
The modern day nation we call Israel, claimed by the Jews as their land, their heritage, given by Yahweh to them, actually belongs to ALL of the descendants of the 12 tribes (plus, of course, Manessah & Ephriam), and not to just the "Jews." Yahweh divided the land between the tribes....it does NOT all belong to Judah. As you point out, there is MUCH to learn from studying history, but very few take the time or make the effort to do so.
This "lack of study," unfortunately extends to our modern day pastors.....an astounding number of which have simply thrown the Bible out the window, and have kow-towed before the altar of Liberal socio-political correctness. As a result, most "mainstream churches" have become nothing more than mouthpieces for the Left, and worse. The apostasy prophecied in the New Testament is well under way, and what better way for Lucifer to destroy the "church," than from WITHIN? The people sit in the pews, follow their "leaders," and never once open their Bibles to verify ANYTHING the pastor may say! The "corporate churches" are simply falling away and becoming bastions of Leftist socio-political rhetoric!
One must be very careful in choosing a church to attend these days. The key is, are they doing their best to actually follow the Bible, or are they playing "follow the politically correct line of the day?"

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Most "Christians" don't even understand that it was the "Jews" (Tribe of Judah) along with a few Levites that returned to Jerusalem after their "captivity." The OTHER tribes were scattered, nearly all eventually ending up in Europe (Denmark equates to "Dan's mark," for example). There really are no "lost tribes," as their migratory history can be found....just takes a lot of wading through numerous historical texts. The "Jews" that did not convert to Christ's teachings were rejected, and were some of the early Christian's worst persecutors/enemies (Paul, for example, before his conversion).
The modern day nation we call Israel, claimed by the Jews as their land, their heritage, given by Yahweh to them, actually belongs to ALL of the descendants of the 12 tribes (plus, of course, Manessah & Ephriam), and not to just the "Jews." Yahweh divided the land between the tribes....it does NOT all belong to Judah. As you point out, there is MUCH to learn from studying history, but very few take the time or make the effort to do so.
This "lack of study," unfortunately extends to our modern day pastors.....an astounding number of which have simply thrown the Bible out the window, and have kow-towed before the altar of Liberal socio-political correctness. As a result, most "mainstream churches" have become nothing more than mouthpieces for the Left, and worse. The apostasy prophecied in the New Testament is well under way, and what better way for Lucifer to destroy the "church," than from WITHIN? The people sit in the pews, follow their "leaders," and never once open their Bibles to verify ANYTHING the pastor may say! The "corporate churches" are simply falling away and becoming bastions of Leftist socio-political rhetoric!
One must be very careful in choosing a church to attend these days. The key is, are they doing their best to actually follow the Bible, or are they playing "follow the politically correct line of the day?"
I agree with most of this post. But it is getting to the point now that what anyon like me or others think isn't important. I just hope and pray a little more each day.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts