Top Shot

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by allen_idaho, Jun 6, 2010.

1. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

So I caught the premier of Top Shot on the History Channel today. Anybody else catch the show?

So far, I really like it. Wish I knew when tryouts were. I would love to have been able to apply.

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

LAME.

More reality TV. A bit like Survivor; just add some guns and vote someone off by shooting at their name. Fascinating. :rolleyes:
    The one "marksman" couldn't hit his 100yd target after 30 rounds.
    The "History Channel" has been coming up with some rather pathetic shows lately and unfortunately, I find myself watching it less and less.

3. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Just watched it on Hulu. It was okay. Hard to believe it's on the History Channel and there's the usual television nonsense promoting internal divisions and competition instead of teamwork and unity but I'll watch it again. The greatest challenge would be mental. They all have the prerequisite experience with firearms but to hold it together under pressure and keep a team spirit under personal competition within the team will be the keys.

4. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

I like it. Turned my bro onto it. He likes it to looks purdy good. Love the older weapons they used. I,am still jonesin for that springfield, wish i could add one to the corner. Next week should be good. I,ll look for it.

5. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I wish it was just a shooting competition and they had left the voting members off thing out of it.My wife kept calling it "Survivor Guns".

6. allen_idaho

Yeah the voting thing is a bit lame. I started watching expecting them to be judged based on individual performance. But that wasn't the case.

What really got me wanting to watch it were the previews. Here are expert marskmen from different fields who will be forced to see how the do with a variety of weapons. Pistols. Rifles. Crossbows. Muskets. etc. That part, I like.

The first episode was ok, using the Springfield M1903, The Springfield M14, The Mosin-Nagant, and the SVT-40. I mean, these are weapons that many of us have in our own personal collections.

The second episode, they are going to be using the Beretta 92. Doesn't seem too difficult.

For the third episode, however, they are going to us the english longbow. Now that should be interesting.

7. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

The long bow should be neat. I'll keep watching till I can't watch no more!

8. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I'm with you Uncle Joe, I watch the History Channel less now also. Instead of watching the "MARKSMAN" we should all be going to an "APPLESEED" Event and honing our own shooting skills.:cool:

9. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Come on guy,s lame on the vote thang, well yep. but i do like to see some good head to head shooting. I will just suffer through it. Something different to watch and i like the history channel, watching the picker dudes now.

10. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

What I found neat is that I have owned all those rifles except the M14. What was that target he could not hit with the Springfield - 100 yards? now maybe Joe average couldn't hit a 100 yard target with a Springfield in 20 shots (MAYBE!) but a "marksman"

What a lame performance!

11. allen_idaho

Yeah, I could not believe that. The M1903 Springfield is a pretty solid rifle. I can only assume that he was nervous or in too much of a hurry or something.

12. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

I like the show alot. Yeah it does seem like survivor with guns (also the host has been on survivor 4 times) But the challenges are cool.

13. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

I got caught up with episode four last night. Really like the zip-line idea.