Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Momma had a rough day at work, called an wanted ta know if we could go canoein when she got home. So, spent the afternoon gettin things ready an we wen't fer a nice 2 hour paddle around one a the small pits in the area.

Nice an peacfull, birds, ducks, geese an some fish jumpin.

She ain't a speed boat, but super stable, a bit more paddelin then a sporty model but handles well. I think were gonna really enjoy it.

Lookin forward ta next summer when we can take it along on one a our other favorite things, campin!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I took a canoe out

one time..in Maine duck hunting... first shot we went turtle... In Maine..in November... in the water with canvas gear and short waders.. as I laid on the bottom I remember thinking..Well ol son..do ya wanna leave the gun and swim for it or stay and drown with it...so I dumped my gun placed both feet on the bottom and lunged as hard as I could...and stood up in 4 ft of freezing water... my hunting buddy followed a second later.. we looked at each other and bent over to get our guns.. we were warm with embarrassment since as we dragged the canoe to shore it seemed half the state of Maine was watching...and to make it worse my friends Jeep had Calif plates on it... right there by the Jeep we peeled off the wet cloths and got in the car and slunk home...

I've never been in a Canoe since..and that was 40 years ago...:D:D:D..

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fell through the ice once, ain't been on it since.

These pits be spring fed an the water is might cool, which ain't all bad in summer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts