Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was interesting how we were just discussing the old 1927A1 Thompson and then whamo Auto Ordnance decided to release one in 9mm.

I would have much preferred a lightweight version in the old military style that used existing mags, like Sten or Uzi or even Colt AR-15 9mm mags. But it doesn't matter because I will not be buying one anyway. Still, might make a fun gun for someone out there who doesn't want to spend as much money on ammo.

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/Firearms/Thompson-T5-9L20.asp

The Thompson 9mm model T5-9L20 features all the classic details that John Thompson so meticulously put into the original. The frame and receiver are machined from a solid billet of aluminum and the buttstock, grip and vertical fore grip are all made from American Walnut. The 9mm is offered with one 20-round stick. The finned barrel measures 16.5 inches and 18 inches with the compensator. Overall length is 41 inches. It features a front blade sight and an open rear adjustable.

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
rhgjntvklmq';kb; d

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they made that to take Glock magazines I'd take a much closer look.
Yeah but that would make it fuuuuugly and require an angled feeding system.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
not a fan of it except it would be nostalgic, for that price tag I wont even look at it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts