Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some videos of Tom Brown 3. It is very rare for tracker school info to be posted anywhere directly from the source so I wanted to share this with everyone! It covers primitive trapping, throwing stick, and the art of stalking. survivalschool.us

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
The art of throwing sticks ... lol ... Very cool, thanks for posting. :2thumb:

That's the way my hubby hunts rabbits ... :D

Only difference was we used old tobacco sticks, but it works!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe it or not you can actually take deer with a throwing stick. Tom is so accurate with them that he has taken two deer by stalking to within 10 yards or less and cracking them in the skull with it and knocking them out. Man has some serious talents for the woods!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I saw a Man Vs. Wild on TV last night on Discovery and the whole episode was how to survive and make traps in the woods. He created a trap for when a wire/string was triggered, a flexible stick in which one end has sharpened sticks would bend and fly forward. It was capable of taking down an elk easily. :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem with those types of traps is that they are more than likely to just mame the animal. Even if you are lucky enough to hit a vital area then you are still going to have to track that animal for a very long distance. Elk are huge and can be shot with a 300 win mag and still run a mile. How difficult do you think it will be to take an animal that large with a sharpened stick?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.