Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
If I was you, I would word things on a "regular" dating site in such a way that preppers would understand what you are describing.

"I enjoy spending time in my garden, cooking, canning, freezing and dehydrating food. I am also an accomplished hunter and I have no problems butchering my own harvests and running the smoker to make my own jerkey and other preserved meats."

Just a hint for you anyway ... :beercheer:

·
803 Posts
Well considering this is the only "dating site" I'm on, no problem...:D:D

Jimmy

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I updated my profile to say, "I believe in self-reliance. I like to hunt. I like to garden." Hopefully it will attract the right people, but I am not getting my hopes up. I have found that most men are looking for arm candy Barbie dolls.

·
Uber Newbie
3,154 Posts
I updated my profile to say, "I believe in self-reliance. I like to hunt. I like to garden." Hopefully it will attract the right people, but I am not getting my hopes up. I have found that most men are looking for arm candy Barbie dolls.
I think that's a great way to phrase it, and yes a lot of guys are that shallow... but not all of us! :)

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
I cant bring myself to try regular dating sites. This one seemed ok because I figured if I met anyone it would be closer to the right kind of girl. I keep few preps at my location and wont be here shtf the fan anyway so opsec hasnt seemed to important. Id be more worried about turnin off people who dont know the difference between prepping and being crazy I suppose. Kejmack seems to have hit the nail on the head with the phrases. Id know what you were sayin by that.

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of my guy friends thinks I should take the "I like to hunt" part out. He thinks it is too threatening to men who don't hunt and will limit my choices. He says it is like a woman saying, "I like to work on cars" and it infringes on their manhood. LOL

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Kejmack...your last post made me giggle...I've heard that before...but if a man feels threatened by what I can do vs what he can or can't then were talkin bigger problems n I'm not interested right? N my skills are not really anything really mindblowing or whatever...my confidence n willingness to step outside the box n try stuff whether it be boyish stuff or girlish stuff or whatever is because I don't really care to much what others might think is what throws folks I think. For example I've worked as a seasonal wildland firefighter n as a crisis counselor for kids, spent months living in a tent in the boonies doing trail work n like painting my toenails pink...boy I'd love to find a nice man who wants to chop firewood n can stuff ..who can do the stuff that I really don't want to do or don't know how to do ...ugh.. I'm rambling but like a neighbor said ...when you gonna find a guy to mow that lawn for you so you don't have to? I said..I kinda like mowing..but it'd be nice to have help...maybe I'll get a goat...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Oh yea...I worked in a autoshop for 2 years...big diesel crew carriers n light trucks...haa...only because I bought a old jeep n wanted to fix it up myself especially if I broke down out in the sticks...some of my friends scratched their heads on that one but I say, get over it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts