Time Out

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Meerkat, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

I just saw the most beautiful cloud formations. Like it was in the 50,60s. Just a hint of the past when skies were blue.

Like the movie scene in Solvent Green where the old man gets to see what the sky looked like when he was younger before he became part of the peoples menu.:wave:

Funny how they always know what is next for us before they do it.

2. AmishHeart

AmishHeart Well-Known Member

Soylent Green was just on tv a few nights ago and I saw parts of it. (fell asleep). But I did see it years back and know the eating people part.
    But I don't know what you meant in your post.

3. Meerkat

I haven't seen that movie in decades. But the old man I'm talking in the movie was put to death and he got to see what the earth looked like when he was younger.

I just really appreciated the sky yesterday and on the few days a year that it is blue.

4. Meerkat

Here is the scene in the movie I was speaking of.

https://youtu.be/yOV8mBjHHYg?t=40

5. CrackbottomLouis

CrackbottomLouis Winston Smith Sent Me

Very important to take time to stop and smell the roses throughout our days. Love it.

6. Meerkat

So true I need to stop wit the politics and religion for awhile myself. Nothing good becomes of it, it is just a want to vent about things but that too is not always a good thing.:confused:

7. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

Those are the 2 topics sure to rile people up.

8. Starcreek

Starcreek Here a while

Maybe air pollution is a problem where you are, because our skies are always a beautiful blue, unless it's cloudy. Just yesterday we rode up to the overlook on the interstate, and we were admiring how brilliant the sun seems, compared to when we were kids. I said that's the one thing the EPA has done good. The sky is clear. But, maybe that's just here.

9. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

Our sky is normally a pretty blue. Not today though, it's full of sand. I am not going to miss sand storms after we move.