Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really, dose anybody think this was an accident no way, the big boys are making fools of all the player's once again. A few billion here or there. It is so sad to see folk's retirement and life saving's puttered around with in such a matter. I hope if your in the market's ya at least still got ya short's left. No sir it's not right, but life was never fair nor will it be so.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I happened to be home and had turned on FBN when it crashed. It was a little surreal watching the numbers get larger and larger by the minute. I think it took about 3-4 minutes to go from -140 to -998

It crossed my mind for a minute that this was the beginning of a major crash and to run into town and pull a bunch of cash from the bank before it was widely known what was happening. Then it stopped and started climbing again.

ABC reported that it was an accident. :scratch
Someone keyed in some extra zeros on a transaction that triggered a panic.
We'll see.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder if they will say oop's! when someone pushes the big red button. Only a mistake. If one idiot can booger the whole system by doing that, makes me wonder who,s in charge up there.:scratch

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I wonder if anybody had a heart attack or died from a simple data entry mistake?:scratch

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's pretty pathetic that our economy is based on supposition and emotion, you can see just how fast the shtf can happen! One day everyone is happy-happy-joy-joy and the next the economy is failed, no banks have money, credit is history and it's ON. I ask folks sometime what would you do if... and I hear a lot of ,that'll never happen, the gov won't let that happen. I just say okayyyy and walk away shakin my head. One minute good next minute BAD. Just glad it came on back up this time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.