Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
The Temple will be rebuilt.

(2 Thessalonians 2:4 NIV) He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

The Great Tribulation won't start until the antichrist is the world ruler and he makes a 7 year peace treaty with Israel.

(Daniel 9:27 NIV) He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

Revelation only mentions the Temple in Heaven. Here is one example:

(Revelation 11:19 NIV) Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

Yes, the Jews are still God's chosen people. The promises made about them are still in effect. The church hasn't replaced the Jews. Here is one example of those promises:

(Genesis 22:17-18 NIV) I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, {18} and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

and

(Genesis 12:3 NIV) I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

It's interesting that Bible correctly notes that the number of stars in the sky is comparable to the number of sand grains on the seashore despite the fact that there are only a few thousand stars visible to the naked eye.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Temple will be rebuilt.

(2 Thessalonians 2:4 NIV) He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

The Great Tribulation won't start until the antichrist is the world ruler and he makes a 7 year peace treaty with Israel.

(Daniel 9:27 NIV) He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

Revelation only mentions the Temple in Heaven. Here is one example:

(Revelation 11:19 NIV) Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

Yes, the Jews are still God's chosen people. The promises made about them are still in effect. The church hasn't replaced the Jews. Here is one example of those promises:

(Genesis 22:17-18 NIV) I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, {18} and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

and

(Genesis 12:3 NIV) I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

It's interesting that Bible correctly notes that the number of stars in the sky is comparable to the number of sand grains on the seashore despite the fact that there are only a few thousand stars visible to the naked eye.
The Jews aka House Of Judah are the lowest in numbers on earth today.
But the House Of Israel were up till last few hundreds years the most in number.
So Jews cannot be the ones spoken of in this verse. Plus " technocally" they are not in control of all the gated cities or ports. Maybe secretly in control along with allied groups, but still no numbers to make them the one God is speaking of no matter how you look at it.

Jesus makes it clear who his sheep are in the New Testament. It is not The House Of Judah. Which are the Israelites known as the Jews.
The House of Israel were never called the Jews, the first time the word jew is mentioned in the Bible they are at war with Israel.
They are part of Israel and God joins them at the end of the age but they are not 'chosen' they were the ones who crusified Jesus and Jesus and the book of Revelation has some bad things to say about them. But God will forgive them and the gentiles when he brings heaven kingdom to earth. Just My Understanding of course.

Mat. 15:24 I have only been sent to the sheep of the lost House Of Israel.

·
160 Posts
There are 12 Houses of Israel, which is the lost house?

Reactions: Meerkat

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
But the House Of Israel were up till last few hundreds years the most in number.
So Jews cannot be the ones spoken of in this verse. Plus " technocally" they are not in control of all the gated cities or ports. Maybe secretly in control along with allied groups, but still no numbers to make them the one God is speaking of no matter how you look at it.

Jesus makes it clear who his sheep are in the New Testament. It is not The House Of Judah. Which are the Israelites known as the Jews.
The House of Israel were never called the Jews, the first time the word jew is mentioned in the Bible they are at war with Israel.
They are part of Israel and God joins them at the end of the age but they are not 'chosen' they were the ones who crusified Jesus and Jesus and the book of Revelation has some bad things to say about them. But God will forgive them and the gentiles when he brings heaven kingdom to earth. Just My Understanding of course.

Sorry. I think you're wrong about everything.

The promises that God made to Israel still stand today.

Israel and the church are separate. There are separate promises made to both.

The Jews are Israel. Israel is not America or Europe or anyone else. Simply the fact that Satan has tried to destroy the Jews numerous times proves that they are Israel. God promised Abraham that his descendents would be as numerous as the stars in the sky. Satan wants to make God a liar by wiping out the Jews.

Paul clearly mentions a third Temple in the verse that I quoted.

The Ezekiel 38 and 39 prophecies clearly refer to the land of Israel.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

The Jews are Israel. Israel is not America or Europe or anyone else. Simply the fact that Satan has tried to destroy the Jews numerous times proves that they are Israel. God promised Abraham that his descendents would be as numerous as the stars in the sky. Satan wants to make God a liar by wiping out the Jews.

LOL, surely I'm not wrong about 'everything'. So that makes you right about everything?
Bill I don't think anyone has or will ever understand 'everything' in the Bible.
Israel consist of two Houses, House of Israel and House of Judah. Who are usually at odds with each other.
First you have to knwo who represents these two house to understand who they are. Th 2 tribes of Judah have never been large in number.
I am researching your understanding about the 3 temples though, like I said this is my understanding so far and I'm still learning.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Very first time the word Jew was mentioned in the Bible Judeans aka House Of Judah [ House of Judah are also Israelites ] were at war with their Israelite Brothers.
2Kings 16:6.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
There are 12 Houses of Israel, which is the lost house?
There are 12 tribes of Israel and 10 tribes are in the House of Israel and 2 tribes and part of another one are in the House of Judah.
Both Houses are Israelite's. It is hard to explain and nobody wants to do their research so these debates are usually not beneficial.
I need to get back into this study and yall have given me more questions to so thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts

Yes! The Abrahamic Covenant also was unconditional. God didn't say, "as long as your descendants follow me, then I will make you a great nation." No, see Jeremiah 31:35-37; "This is what the Lord says, he who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar - the Lord Almighty is his name: 'Only if these decrees vanish from my sight, declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to me a nation before me.' This is what the Lord says: 'Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done,' declares the Lord."

The Bible also says that God's covenant with David for Israel will be in force as long as the sun rises and sets. Jeremiah 33:20-22; "This is what the Lord says: 'If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night no longer come at their appointed time, then my covenant with David my servant - and my covenant with the Levites who are priests ministering before me - can be broken and David will no longer have a descendant to reign on his throne. I will make the descendants of Davide my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars of the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore."

Isaiah 41:8-11; "But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish."

Also see also Romans 11:1, 17-21. I won't try to type the whole thing here, but the salient point is this: If you are a wild branch (a gentile) grafted on to the tree, do not boast over the original branches (Jews) that have been pruned off. "Do not be arrogant but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either."

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sorry, I guess we got a little off topic.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
LOL, surely I'm not wrong about 'everything'. So that makes you right about everything?
Bill I don't think anyone has or will ever understand 'everything' in the Bible.
Israel consist of two Houses, House of Israel and House of Judah. Who are usually at odds with each other.
First you have to knwo who represents these two house to understand who they are. Th 2 tribes of Judah have never been large in number.
I am researching your understanding about the 3 temples though, like I said this is my understanding so far and I'm still learning.
There are 12 tribes of Israel. The kingdom of Solomon was divided because Solomon abandoned God. Judah and Benjamin were ruled by one king. The rest of Israel was ruled by another. But they're all Jews, Israelites, or Hebrews. The terms are all interchangeable.

·
BillM
2,001 Posts
If I , through salvation am circumcised in my heart, Am I not made a Jew under a new dispensation and is Jerusalem not set up in my heart ?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts