There goes the neighborhood! (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yingyang, Mar 29, 2011.

1. yingyang

yingyang Member

Hello to all from just north of Indy! Even though I truly hope no one in my life has to admit they were wrong, I have apparently been possessed by the spirit of a pack rat and have been slowly preparing for shtf for several years now. My two sons got "boogie bags" for this last Christmas stuffed full of survival goodies. I think I have finally won them over and I plan to take them on family "camping" trips using only those items. I have made progress with my bf by asking him to use his Army training and "country boy" knowledge to help me teach the boys firearm safety and proficiency, trapping, navigating, and defense planning. My latest coup was convincing him to build a secure fence around our "compound". Current events around the world have only increased the sense of urgency I have felt for years. Now: time to cruise the site for answers to my many, many questions!

2. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Welcome from the state next door! :wave:

Hang out, read a spell, and start some word docs to collect all the info. :D

3. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Agree with GG about getting stuff into .doc for offline reading. And printing.

Welcome, and enjoy your, hopefully enriching, stay.

4. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Personally I favor PDF... more versatile as you might not have a PC with Office when you need to view one of the files. Macs can pretty much print right to a PDF, with Windows (at least XP generation) you need a PDF printer driver. My personal free favorite one is PDF Converter - Convert to PDF free with doPDF.

And to yingyang - Welcome. :)

5. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Well, speaking of free readers, I use Oo_O. It can open up anything, and save in any format you wish, too. Gotte bless reverse engineering, lol. Especially when it holds up in court!

6. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :wave:

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I use the same: OpenOffice.org :2thumb:

8. yingyang

yingyang Member

Thanks for spelling that one out for me....didn't have any idea what Oo_O could possibly mean...lol.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  9. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

I'm late to the party ...

:welcome:

10. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, please share your knowledge with us.

11. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

Yep, I use that too. Nice app. Nearly everything I use is open source.