Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from just north of Indy! Even though I truly hope no one in my life has to admit they were wrong, I have apparently been possessed by the spirit of a pack rat and have been slowly preparing for shtf for several years now. My two sons got "boogie bags" for this last Christmas stuffed full of survival goodies. I think I have finally won them over and I plan to take them on family "camping" trips using only those items. I have made progress with my bf by asking him to use his Army training and "country boy" knowledge to help me teach the boys firearm safety and proficiency, trapping, navigating, and defense planning. My latest coup was convincing him to build a secure fence around our "compound". Current events around the world have only increased the sense of urgency I have felt for years. Now: time to cruise the site for answers to my many, many questions!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Agree with GG about getting stuff into .doc for offline reading. And printing.

Welcome, and enjoy your, hopefully enriching, stay.

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Agree with GG about getting stuff into .doc for offline reading. And printing.
Personally I favor PDF... more versatile as you might not have a PC with Office when you need to view one of the files. Macs can pretty much print right to a PDF, with Windows (at least XP generation) you need a PDF printer driver. My personal free favorite one is PDF Converter - Convert to PDF free with doPDF.

And to yingyang - Welcome. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, speaking of free readers, I use Oo_O. It can open up anything, and save in any format you wish, too. Gotte bless reverse engineering, lol. Especially when it holds up in court!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Well, speaking of free readers, I use Oo_O. It can open up anything, and save in any format you wish, too. Gotte bless reverse engineering, lol. Especially when it holds up in court!
I use the same: OpenOffice.org :2thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I'm late to the party ...

:welcome:

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Yep, I use that too. Nice app. Nearly everything I use is open source.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts