The world did end...

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by GatorDude, May 23, 2011.

1. GatorDude

GatorDude Well-Known Member

While everyone was joking about the end of the world, the world did end for a few hundred people in Joplin, MO, the other day. Before that, it ended for many people in Alabama. Before that, it ended for tens of thousands in Japan. Maybe the world won't end for everyone at once? Maybe it just ends for one neighborhood at a time? It definitely focuses the prepping.

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

It ended for our 19-year old neighbor boy Wednesday evening up in the woods a couple miles west of our house, on a short, harmless ride on his 4-wheeler. They didn't find him until the next day.

His funeral is tomorrow. :(

3. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Yea I was ask a question about joking about the end of the world today ... made me stop and think ...

The folks in Joplin, MO. are in my thoughts ... As are the folks in my local area that FEMA said they couldn't help. (due to the storms in the past weeks)

I say ... Virginia will take care of it's own and XXXXX FEMA!

:ignore:

4. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

It broke my heart to see the destruction in Joplin & seeing the hospital hit was especially bothersome to me. My tears suddenly turned to rage when the next image I saw was our "president" chugging beer in Ireland & laughing it up. OMG are you kidding me!?! On a completely unrealated note, a quick google search reveals Joplin is 90% white & largely Republican.

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I don't really know which is worse, the fact that the man who was supposed to "bridge the racial divide" has done anything but; or the fact that he's done the opposite to such an extent that people reflexively do what tsr did & look up the demographics of a region; or that original suspicions to cause that behavior are then proven correct. :cry: :gaah:

6. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Obama likes to go where he's popular. That means he has to leave the US. He has brought racism to the forefront and is the perfect example of a politically correct racist.

7. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

MMM , well said. thank you.

8. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

I wasn't joking about it even tho I knew it would not happen at that time and now tonight tornadoes ripped through Texas, some close to us. We will have to wait till tomorrow to see........:(

9. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

Hope ya'll are okay. We're just a little east of you & it sure didn't look good. :(