The Treasure Box - Discount Food Boxes

Discussion in 'General Food and Foraging Discussion' started by foodie, Dec 19, 2010.

1. foodie

foodie Member

2. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

While it appears that the OP's purpose for joining was to post that...

:congrat:Thank you, that's a nice service and it's for anyone in that area, and it's not given away. The price is nominal and it's good food.

[total side note: That female reporter is an ugly big woman, so it's interesting to see that in Cali, unlike some other areas, they might give more than faces a chance to work on TV.]

3. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

not being "that guy" but none of these assortments seem to be that great of a deal...

5. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

dude, price wise in that area, it's a good deal...the veggies and half the meat alone in my area would be more than the price.

6. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Thank you for that, those have several locations. I was able to find some in my area, so I can pass this on to others. Our food prices here are HIGH and this will help some of our workers who not only don't get paid much, but face a furlough.

This is an example of several options:

[​IMG]

Actually, that looks pretty good...better than what I'm eating this morning.

7. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

I have used Angel food in the past. Before buying from them I see what is going to be in the box and compare it to the grocery store circular. Some months it is cheaper to buy the same things at the store. Hillbilly Housewife used to do a menu plan for using the Angel food boxes, to help stretch the budget (I'll have to check and see if they still do).

8. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

:congrat: if they do, be sure to let us know :wave:

9. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

I found this on the site:

Angel Food Menus | Hillbilly Housewife

I can't tell if they are actively still posting menus, but there are lots of recipes, shopping lists on there that you could probably put one together from the old ones. Hope that helps.