Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
869 Posts
I am one of the ten percent of the population that is allergic to the stuff. It is a naturally occurring brain enzyme that is found in fully developed brains. However, as you ingest it the product does not leave your system except over a long period of time. My doctors told me that pregnant women and young kids should avoid it at all costs. At one time the CDC did not have it in their building. It was originally supposed to be used in some soft drinks for diabetic clients. However, once it got on the market it went into everything including gum and cereal used by kids.

It is poison to me. I have had some people play games with me thinking I was just joking. One guy slipped me a drink with it in it. Within 30 minutes I was on the way to the hospital. His wife made him fess up and they had to pay for my medical bills. this stuff is no joke and I hate it.

Being highly allergic to the junk, I have to check everything I eat or drink. Food companies will lie about anything to sell their junk. Ask them if they let their own kids or grandkids eat the stuff. GB

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Of course these days one artificial sweetener isn't enough they have to put several, they even put artificial sweetener in things that have sugar:gaah:

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
I haven't found an alternative sweetener that doesn't go right thru me ( nasty). Not even stevia. I can tolerate sugar but nothing artificial. thats why if I do want to eat or drink something that I don't usually use I have to read whats in it. I found it's better to just make my own whatever.

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
It doesn't surprise me too much that stevia wouldn't agree with some people but I wouldn't call it an "artificial" sweetener, especially if you use the leaves directly.
Another one that isn't very "artificial" is Xylitol, it actually has some benefits, especially for teeth. Not recommending or anything, we all have to make our own choices, however industry naturally wants to make us think they are all equal.

·
A Round American Woman
78 Posts
Aspartame is a level 5 HAZMAT chemical. There are professional HAXMAT groups that will not touch an aspartame spill.

We can thank Donald Rumsfeld for legalizing it, even when they knew it caused cancer to people.

It is nasty and should be avoided by all.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I've heard of people who have had bad reactions to it. I can tolerate it. I typically drink three diet pops a day. One Diet Sunkist Orange and two Diet A & W Root Beers. Aspartame has to be way better than high fructose corn syrup. As a diabetic, regular pop is one thing I can't have. It's worse than ice cream.

Overall I think there's too much hysteria about it. The fact that other countries more liberal than America have banned it doesn't convince me it's dangerous. I don't understand the people who think everything they eat or drink is dangerous in some way.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Aspartame is a level 5 HAZMAT chemical. There are professional HAXMAT groups that will not touch an aspartame spill.
About 17 years ago, I was a member of the local hazmat team in W Kentucky. A tanker truck hauling aspartame was involved in an accident and some 5,000 gallons was spilled. Long story short. It took 6 weeks, replacement of 200 yards of highway, removal of the soil down two feet over a 400'X 900' area, to return the area to "safe" readings. It took over 5 years monitoring before the area was deemed "clean".

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Aspartame is a neurotoxin, when combined with aspirin creates a compound not unlike crystal meth in the system,
on the high side, it can be used to deaden some pain as it slows down the rate your neurons fire.

·
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wonder how michael j fox feels about his diet pepsi these days?
Without starting a controversy, he would probably say there is no scientific link proven between the sweetener and Parkinsons. If there were he would likely bring it forefront rather than be a generational spokes person for Parkinsons.

If we are going to play media celebrities disease conspiracy, then we should be debating coke vs pepsi.

Pepsi
Michael Jackson - set on fire, OD
MJF - parkinsons
Britney spears - bipolar
Mariah Carey - nervous breakdown
Madonna - alive
Shakira - still hot as ever
Beyoncé - makes unattractive faces during shows preformed on superbowls.

Coke
Elvis - OD
Beatles - murdered
David Bowie - alive but androgynous
Paula Abdul - alive
George Michael - alive
Elton John - alive
Selena - murdered
Whitney OD
Bill Cosby - will live forever.

·
1,734 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Without starting a controversy, he would probably say there is no scientific link proven between the sweetener and Parkinsons. If there were he would likely bring it forefront rather than be a generational spokes person for Parkinsons.

If we are going to play media celebrities disease conspiracy, then we should be debating coke vs pepsi.

Pepsi
Michael Jackson - set on fire, OD
MJF - parkinsons
Britney spears - bipolar
Mariah Carey - nervous breakdown
Madonna - alive
Shakira - still hot as ever
Beyoncé - makes unattractive faces during shows preformed on superbowls.

Coke
Elvis - OD
Beatles - murdered
David Bowie - alive but androgynous
Paula Abdul - alive
George Michael - alive
Elton John - alive
Selena - murdered
Whitney OD
Bill Cosby - will live forever.
I say give them both a pass ... ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts