The Secret, Manifestation

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Adelle, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Adelle

Adelle Guest

Anybody here into the laws of attraction, The Secret, or manifestation?

Would like to hear your input.....

2. Adelle

Adelle Guest

Manifestation and The Secret are more spiritual than religious, I think....

3. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I have experienced a phenommona called annimal magnitism, it happens when I give the 5 minute float test for basic open water scuba diving. As the time ticks away all of the divers in the pool draw near each other until they are all touching in the center.:confused:

4. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I've tried the "stranger" is it like that?

5. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

There is an old book called "Positively Creating Cirrcumstances". I have used that many times and it has never, not once, failed to work. It is very similar to "The Secret" and those types of things.
    It has nothing to do with politics or religion, nor does it go against anything religious. I think you might be able to find the book on Amazon, it's more of a booklet than a big book.

6. Recently I was speaking with my life coach and she said that back in September/08 when we saw the market tank, that was when all the law of attraction stuff flew out the window. You'll notice since then there has been a change in how products are being marketed. People in general are trying to make ends meet and are much more focused on that rather than big dreams at the moment.

7. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

With Conciously Creating Circcumstances, you set your mind on goals, not dreams (although it can be the same, but we are talking less frivolous). As preppers, that is what we do!
    I think it can work in whatever capacity you use it for. We may have little money but if prepping is important to you and you focus totally on it, you will find things, find ways of making the money, be able to pick up that extra jar of whatever when you go shopping. You are so focused that you work on your home safety instead of other stuff not as important and before you know it, your goal is reached or at least closer.
    Survival takes that kind of focus.

8. Don Warning Orlando

Don Warning Orlando New Member

The Secret

The Secret and the Law of Attracttion is good. However, most people go for the BIG attraction. They are missing the foundation. Start small, practice every day you will get there. No need to bring up Wall Street over gross mismanagement. Build your goals and dreams on achieveable realistic steps. It is not a book on magic. It is a life lesson and a way of life. Practice, practice, practice. Sooner or later you will get that "A" for all your hard work!

9. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

after looking at it briefly it seems an awful lot like 'a 1000 monkeys with a 1000 typewriters' scenario... statistically anything can happen eventually :rolleyes: :D

10. Janis

Janis Guest

What is the "stranger"? I haven't heard of that one....

Then again, sometimes I don't quite know when you guys are joking or not....:rolleyes:

11. Canadian

It's where you sit on your left hand until it falls asleep and then...

12. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

If you watch the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" with Nicolas Cage, one of the "punks" in the gang plays the game "stranger" where he numbs a hand and then plays catch with a ball against a wall. It is in one of the first scenes of the movie.

13. Canadian

The "stranger" was not intended for playing with rubber balls.