The right fit

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jason, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I joined this forum earlier this summer and then I joined a similar one. I post here more than the other site and I spend much more time reading the posts here than on the other forum.

The reason why is simple: this forum is smaller, friendlier, and much more laid back than the other one is. It's a much friendlier atmosphere here-I guess while we feel this is serious subject matter we don't take ourselves too seriously. Nobody *****es about newbies talking out too strongly, nobody tries to pull rank (but the moderators are not afraid to use their well deserved rank if it becomes necessary), and when a joke is made, people recognize it as a joke. Nobody forms "alliances" to gang up on other people and noone since I have joined has accused anyone else of stabbing them in the back.

We get a steady stream of new folks and sadly some people leave but that is true of any situation, virtual or real life, where human beings interact. We have our regulars, but when someone with just a couple posts logged wants to, they have the ability to feel free to comment, question, or joke with the regulars just as much as anybody, and the regulars encourage it because we realize that new people bring new ideas and it's just fun to meet new people. Hell, I still consider myself to be kind of a newbie on this board.

The people who operate and moderate this site have allowed friendships to form, ideas to exchange, knowledge to expand, laughs to be shared, and possibly, as what I would consider the ultimate goal of this forum to be, people to keep their families united and alive when or if "TSHTF", as we say.

To the moderators: :thankyou:

To the people I've met::beercheer:

To the knowledge that is shared::congrat:

To us all: :2thumb:

Ok, ok, I'm coming down from my soapbox now. That other site just ticked me off tonight and I just wanted to vent. Talk to ya all later! :)

2. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

I like it here too. And wow! I really don't want to know where that other place is! LOL Sounds like a real mess.

3. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

The other forums are good in their own way. I like this one the best though!!!!

:peep:

4. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

This thread will be deleted...

Just kidding. Thanks. I try and keep it light. I think everyone here is pretty nice. We had some problem people in the early days. Now mostly it's just deleting spam and such. The more people who post the better.

I hope everyone feels welcome here and jumps in and starts posting right away. No need to "lurk" around for months.

Peace!

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

there goes Canadian, using some of that "well deserved" moderator-power again... what a power trip that guy's on :rolleyes: ;) :p

crap, did I say THAT out loud?

uh oh :shtf:

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Jason, I couldn't agree more. I belong to several other forums as well, as I'm sure most of us here do. One, while reasonably friendly and informative, is so big that's it's easy to get lost and there are "clicks" that are very hard to break into. Another delves deeply into the personal day to day lives of everyone. Not that there is anything wrong with that if that's what you're looking for, but I also have found PS the place I visit most often nowadays. :beercheer:

Now if I'm not mistaken, I believe I can feel the heads of the mods and administrators beginning to swell. We better be careful how much more ego stroking we lay on them :rolleyes: . I'd hate to be the cause of someones head exploding and making a mess all over the inside of our monitors. :eek:

7. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

8. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

No chance of that happening. Years ago my friend started another forum, I joined him and together we built what many consider one of the best vehicle-specific forums on the 'net. I took the same principals that we used to build the other forum to try to create a friendly forum here as well.

From this thread, I believe that those principals are still working.

:thankyou:

9. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

we're all doing something right. :)

10. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

11. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy right now, you all really make me want to:cry:, this brown eyed orphan finally found a family here.:cry: I'd like to invite you all to my BOL and have mre's, beans and purifyed water but there isn't enough to to around.:cry: Oops, pardon the emotional out burst, sorry, but I'm only capable of doing that around friends.:flower: