The Problem With America And The Constitution

Discussion in 'Religion' started by watchman220, Dec 1, 2010.

1. watchman220

watchman220 ExCommunicated

The Problem With America And The Constitution

The Constitution of the United States of America is a perfect document whose days are numbered. It was written by men filled with the Spirit of God to govern those who are not. Not the other way around.
    [​IMG]
    Religion from the early settlers was aflame with persecution. Ardent. Real. We have forgotten much as a culture. Our roots.

The Constitution works well under the rule of Moral Law such as the 10 Commandments, especially when people believe in the moral law.
    But remove that constraint and we are a country filled with miscreants and thieves. In my estimation we are ripe for judgement.

The funny thing about what I am saying...is I believe that this country can only function morally if the christian majority is holding the reins. BUT...I also believe that the CONSTITUTION is correct in allowing freedom of worship. It veers towards a natural and expected end; when evil men will reign over religion and people.

The problem becomes when the religion of one seeks to destroy the other.
    We live in a time where our political offices are filled with corrupt men seeking anything but Godly wisdom.

At some point one religion is going to dominate the other. And sooner it will be the Christians who are dominated by Islam and generally by secular society.

The final state of things rests in the hands of the God of my religion...which is Christ. He will reign with a rod of iron over humanity keeping them in check by His authority. That is the only way humans don't destroy themselves, because we are headed for destruction in this current time in which we live.

I guess I am saying that The CONSTITUTION is right, but it is
    flawed...because humanity will always turn away from the moral law, which of course leads to war and more war. Until the technology and methods of war become fascist, wiping out people in great genocidal swaths. History will repeat itself I am just not sure where I will be when it happens.

Therefore my only hope is Christ who holds the moral standard and has the authority to enforce it. But until such time as Christ comes back and restores all things and rules with a rod of iron, we are left here to hold the standard for Him.

When the tide of war turns against those who rule in moral fashion...then there is nowhere left to go but chaos, until the final authority returns.

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Oh wow...

First thing that comes to mind is ... well ... let it pass.

Second thing that comes to mind is well ... you need to take a a second look at the the folks that signed the Constitution ...

but be that as it may ... we have the right of relgion freedom ... So do you want to change that now????

I'm not a christian but a pagan (a witch if you want to call me that) I for the most part ... say be as it will be ...

So now the The CONSTITUTION is right, but it is
    flawed... Funny how that works ... :)

When the shoe is on the other foot. We need to step back and say "oh crap" we need to rework that ... I don't think so ...

By the way I have no problem with the 10 Commandments ...

Now I think I will burn a sage stick ... because you have pretty much ticked me off.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

3. Concerned_ Citizen

Concerned_ Citizen Well-Known Member

religion sucks...... spirituality and personal enlightenment is the key.......for me anyway.....

I too will now light a smudge.......

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

In a sense, the Christians betrayed themselves when divorce, homosexuality, unfaithfulness, obscene language and movies became acceptable (even in their homes on TV and movies), the embracing of credit cards and other debts for obtaining material objects, etc.

Here's a real can-o-worms: When the white people came to America they "conquered" the 'savages', forced them to abandon their religions and embrace Christianity, often at the threat of death. Made them cover up/put on clothes. Told them how they had to live and what they had to do.

A few hundred years later, we're afraid of the Muslims because they want to take over our country, force us to abandon our religion and embrace theirs, often at the threat of death. Make us cover up/put on clothes (Sharia law). Tell us how we can live and what we can do.

People keep saying "Wake up, America"...well? I don't think the muslims will allot land to us and put us on reservations, then send us monthly checks and build houses, schools, and hospitals for us.

Will we allow it to happen, just like the sheeple who screamed loudly about the airport bodyscanners and pat-downs, then stood quietly in line? Doesn't matter what example I could have used....it's the same every time.

In all things, even on this forum, those who talk the loudest are still...only talking.

What to do? I don't know

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  5. Reblazed

Reblazed Member

Just thought I'd share what I feel is an amazing creed. I read the following in a book over 10 yrs ago and was so impressed with it I have accepted it as mine.

There is no such thing as 'one true way', and the way you find is only good for you, not anybody else, because your intrepretation of what you see and feel and understand as the truth is never going to be the same as anyone else's.

The only answers worth having are the ones you find for yourself.

Leave the world better than you found it.

If it isn't true, going to do some good, or spread a little love around, don't say it, do it or think it.

There are only three things worth living for; love in all it's manifestations, freedom, and the chance to keep humanity going a little longer. They're the same things worth dying for. And if you aren't willing to die for the things worth living for, you might as well turn in your membership in the human race.

Amazing the number of us that keep sage around for uses other than cooking :2thumb:

6. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

GS is right. The Bible hasn't changed, the Christians have. I remember a missionary (from a country in Africa I think) who said the people he worked with & converted called themselves "born again" - not Christian. Because pretty much every person in that country called themselves Christians, even though they didn't act like it. It was very important to the new converts that they be different.

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Sand creek ... No threat ... just death. :(

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yeah, I wondered if I should have said "penalty of" rather than "threat of".