Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,292 Posts
I get a magazine called "The New Pioneer". So fare the latest is issue 226. On page 112 is an article about the OGGUN Tractor. http://thinkoggun.com/history it's a small farm tractor based on the old Allice Chalmer G tractor. I have no affiliation with this company at all but I thought I would share this with you.

I really like the idea of it being made with all off the shelf technology so if you need to repair the tractor you can.

Here is a short youtube video on it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I get a magazine called "The New Pioneer". So fare the latest is issue 226. On page 112 is an article about the OGGUN Tractor. http://thinkoggun.com/history it's a small farm tractor based on the old Allice Chalmer G tractor. I have no affiliation with this company at all but I thought I would share this with you.

I really like the idea of it being made with all off the shelf technology so if you need to repair the tractor you can.

Here is a short youtube video on it.
That's cool. I've seen alot of homemade tractors that work really well too. I was looking around my junk pile this spring thinking about making a gravely type machine.

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the magazine or says the tractor is a 19hp Honda engine mated to a hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
0 Posts
In the magazine or says the tractor is a 19hp Honda engine mated to a hydraulic pump.
Pretty neat unit. Looks like it goes good. I wonder how much money? Never mind it's on top of the page when you open it im just blind. For 12,500 i could get a decent 40hp tractor with a bucket loader. Neat machine but pretty pricey. Im pretty sure i could build one of those out of scraps for 2 grand.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
The Allis-Chalmers G has been highly sought after by the growing "organic" farming movement.

I guess it was time for someone with a "supply" to step up to try to fill the "demand". $12,500 is a steep price point, though...

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Another video; explaining the origins of the Oggun:

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Looks like a near exact copy of the Tuff-Bilt:

·
Registered
0 Posts

Wow, i would say they must built them for other companies to sell too or they have a good law suit on their hands. The more i see this thing the more i like the rear and front 3 point hitch. Makes it like a grader.

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts

This one about the same cost of $12000.00 to $13000.00
But Tuff-Bilt has much more attachments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts