The movie 2012

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Seneschal, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Seneschal

Seneschal Crazy snake chick

...I'm sure there's already a thread, but this deserves a new one.

I just watched it last night. I think they died about 40 times in that movie. :/ Woooow. :congrat: Thank you, Hollywood, for making children think they can drive a car through a falling building without perishing.

Thoughts on the movie?

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Watched it opening night in the theater, loved it

3. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

absolutely ridiculous, in both storyline and acting

But did you see that volcano explode!? sweeeet:D

4. Seneschal

Seneschal Crazy snake chick

Admittedly, the volcano was AWESOME. And there WERE parts I liked. But they died. SO MANY TIMES. The graphics were amazing, though, and I was a bit sad that I hadn't seen it in theaters, since I'm sure it was crazy on the big screen.

5. ditzyjan56

ditzyjan56 Well-Known Member

2012 Movie

Movie was great for entertainment purposes only. I enjoyed the movie but it is just fiction, I rate it right up there with the movie "Armageddon" In real life that would not happen. But the movie does present, at least in the beginning, a need to wonder about the impact of global warming, sun bursts and the Maya calender that were all presented in the beginning of the movie. It may not be enough for us but maybe it will raise some awareness in those who have until now not worried about the future and start to prepare. Just a thought

6. tiedami

tiedami Well-Known Member

I liked the movie but it was waaay far fetched. Good for wasting an hour or two and the volcano eruption was AWESOME!

7. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

I watched it at the theater when it first came out. Awesome special effects!!

As far as the Mayan Calendar, everyone is wrong. Once you get to the end of the calendar, you simply roll the calendar to the side and start using the one behind it! :D

8. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

yep... anyone seen The road ?

9. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

OOH good movie

:::MIGHT FALL UNDER THE CATEGORY OF SPOILERS:::
    though I thought the underlying idea that the only way they stayed safe was by continuously moving down the road, yet this same road was the main route for most of the slavers/cannibals/slavibals and they were only spotted once

also, the movie left out the people eating the baby which added like 10 more levels of horror to the book

10. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Haven't seen the road yet but I loved the book. Once I got used to the weird punctuation McCarthy used I couldn't put it down. I'm not even gonna talk about it much so as not to ruin it for anyone but the thing with the baby and the thing with the people locked in the basement was really unsettling. I did think that McCarthy absolutely nailed the mentality of a young boy thrust into that situation. Excellent book all the way through.

11. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

This old coot loved it, good action, some silly, but entertaining. Hey guys when we going to build one of those arks, pretty cool idea. Sailaway can captain, I just want to stare out the front window like a dog in the front seat.

12. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Allright, and I will be on the deck, getting myself a tan going :) you know, for all the post-apocalyptic single ladies :D

just kidding,

V.

13. samchn07

samchn07 New Member

I too like to watch movies and i have seen this year lots of good movies. Some of very interesting and entertaining.