Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is, the companion story to "The Long Ride Home"

This story is a fictional account of our kids and their children making their way to our homestead after an EMP.

Even if you haven't read "The Long Ride Home", I'm sure you will enjoy this story!

Attachments

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Thanks, gypsysue!!

We been waitin' for this! :2thumb::2thumb::2thumb:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
A great read... really liked it. :congrat::congrat::congrat:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Harley! Glad you liked it!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm happy you enjoyed it! I'm starting to piece together the third story!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Very good Girl !! you got it going!!....keep at it...feels like home to me!... Oh...it is !! lol

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks, Hozay and Nevadannie! Glad you liked it! I sure had fun writing it!

Yeah, Hozay, I should have written you into it too since you're practically in the neighborhood!

By the way!!! :2thumb: The real life "Rose" and "Alan" were married over this past weekend! Rose is our youngest daughter, and really does work at Subway! :beercheer:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Hell you can't write me in, who needs an old grump... but thanks for the thought :D

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure you're such a "character" that it would spice up my stories! Everyone loves an old grump!

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
By the way!!! :2thumb: The real life "Rose" and "Alan" were married over this past weekend! Rose is our youngest daughter, and really does work at Subway! :beercheer:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! May their new lives together be filled with happiness and joy. :kiss:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
The next story...

I really looking forward to your next story, since the missiles have been launched. I used to work on them during the Vietnam war, so I'll definitely enjoy your next offering. I'm the Rocket Man....Rocket Mannnn...etc. (another song to get stuck in your head). :D

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So Harley, if I have questions about missiles, etc., can I PM you for info as I write the story?

Rocket man, eh? Like the Disney movie starring Harland Williams? :D

I have a few things to clear off my desk before I start writing, but I'm forming the plot in my head now, if anyone has anything to add!

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
So Harley, if I have questions about missiles, etc., can I PM you for info as I write the story?

Rocket man, eh? Like the Disney movie starring Harland Williams? :D
Sure, feel free to PM me anytime. I can also include some pictures of the site if that would help.

Yep... an original Rocket Man. :cool:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Thanks Sue. I should have been in bed an hour ago but I just had to finish.

Great story. :2thumb: :melikey:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, then, you're probably catching up on your sleep, but when you wake up...thanks! Glad you enjoyed the story! It was fun to write!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Excellent read, very well written. I will be looking forward to the next instalment.
Also raised a few questions about my own preperation!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks! Glad you liked it! It helped our kids get more serious about prepping, too, and they enjoyed being part of the story.

I see this is your first post, welcome to the forum! Be sure to go over to "introductions" and say hi to everyone! There's much to learn on this site.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts