Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty certain I know the average user of this boards idea of Rachel Maddow, but she'll be featuring a segment called "The McVeigh Tapes" on April 19th at 9pm and I hope everyone will tune in (or just watch it online)

Apparently McVeigh handpicked 2 journalists to sit down and talk with and there's something like 30 hours of him discussing his motivations and reasoning, which they have condensed into a 2 hour show

(pre-emptively commenting that I'm sure sentiment will turn towards their selective editing and liberal agenda, but how can you defend a terrorist?)

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
Define "terrorist." Which was worse? McVey blowing up a building full of innocent people or the FBI burning one down that's full of women and children? Or maybe being surrounded by the FBI and having one of their snipers shoot a mother armed with only a baby in her arms? Or maybe BATF agents shooting a 14 year-old boy in the back while he is on his own property with his dog?

If someone wants to play the terrorist card then apply it equally.

The Ruby Ridge fiasco cost the gov't. a big bundle of cash for their wrongdoings but noone was ever charged for their terrorizing of an American familly.

Much of the evidence that would have proven who fired the first shot at Waco just happened to get lost before the case came to trial. Imagine such "careless" handling of evidence in a high profile case. Again with no repurcussions against federal "agents."

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the point of this is not to discuss the controversy behind RubyRidge and Waco. It's to describe the senseless killing McVeigh did in response. Those people had nothing to do with Waco, and they weren't the snipers at RubyRidge, there were innocent people trying to make a living that just happened to involve working for their government

we weren't at RubyRidge or Waco, of course both sides are going to argue the other shot first, this is why the classic question "who shot first" is such an enticing debate

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
the point of this is not to discuss the controversy behind RubyRidge and Waco. It's to describe the senseless killing McVeigh did in response. Those people had nothing to do with Waco, and they weren't the snipers at RubyRidge, there were innocent people trying to make a living that just happened to involve working for their government

we weren't at RubyRidge or Waco, of course both sides are going to argue the other shot first, this is why the classic question "who shot first" is such an enticing debate
The point is sensless killing whether it's at the hand of JBT's sponsered by the government or McVeigh killing innocent people in retribution.

The debate probably could have been settled about who fired first at Waco but some key evidence kind of disappeared. Did the Branch Davidians "lose" that evidence? Not likely since it was in the custody of the US government.

The whole thing is about innocent people trying to live their lives and having those lives ended unjustly. I'm not standing up for what McVeigh did but it rubs me raw that the focus is on him and not the people and events that inspired McVeigh.

For those of us who were old enough to remember what happened at the time we see many parallels between then and now. The BATFE isn't in the news as much anymore but now we have "Homeland Security" and under their agenda we have even fewer rights. We have the IRS as the new enforcement arm of Obubba's health care reform. And other problems on the horizon that make it even worse now than then.

I don't really care aboout McVeigh. He's ancient history. What I care about is justice and so far, out of all of the innocent people who died, only those in Oklahoma City have seen justice done. And the problem of history is that those who don't learn from it very often see it repeated.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Just a thought guys, that this has nothing to do with our goals of preparing, its just controversy, and ancient history. Lets keep our thoughts on current affairs that will affect our families, our jobs, our friends, what makes us come together not apart. How can we help one another with our goals, and as one member says 'share what you know. Ask what you don't', is just a good motto to follow. And its to hard for us old guys to keep up with all this history when we have to focus on the future."

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I'm deleting my reply becaue BB is right... but it still pisses me off!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Definately. Let it go. It's a whole level of extremism you don't need to ponder about. Sure, it could have been handled differently. But when you focus on blowing up buildings and stockpiling machineguns rather than preparing for disaster, you are asking for trouble.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think Mosquitomans point is McVeigh was rightfully executed for his montrous butchery and is no longer a threat to us. An out of control federal government was not prosecuted for its butchery and is STILL a threat to everyday, lawabiding American citizens. We, as Americans, need to deal with this threat at the polls. THAT IS Current News and Events.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.