Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is posted from a blog I participate on and would like to link back to it so that M.D. gets proper credit The Survivalist Blog

The Forrest Gump Guide to Survival Planning

And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

The whole point of making preparedness plans is to insure your safety and survival after a disaster. Many survivalists prepare and plan for so long that they forget about everything else. It's a mistake. Never become so obsessed that you lose touch with the little things in life that you enjoy. Make survival planning a part of your life not the only thing you live for.

Stupid is as stupid does.

In the end, the people who survive may not be the ones with highest IQ, but the ones with the most common sense. Lots of people with high IQs fail to prepare because they think they are above such paranoia.

When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go… you know… I went.

Only a fool goes without sleep, survives on fast food, and refuses to take breaks. Take care of yourself and your body, surviving TEOTWAWKI will be much easier if you are in good physical condition. Eat basic healthy foods, exercise, take time to relax and sleep.

Momma always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them.

Read and study everything you can find pertaining to survival. The point is you can't figure it all out on your own, and you shouldn't try. Read blogs, books and anything and everything about survival and preparedness, you can never know to much.

Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows.

Have a plan of retreat. If you are surrounded and out gunned there is no shame in retreating to safer ground. Look around your home or retreat location, if you were under siege by a superior force how would you escape? A secret tunnel leading to safety comes to mind.

My Momma always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

How could I not include this one?

We don't know what exactly will happen to turn the world up on its end, but we can look at things that are happening now and come away with a pretty good idea of the possible outcome. My rule is to think of worst that could happen and prepare the best I can with what resources I have.

That's all I have to say about that.

When you've said all you have to say… shut up.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
The Forrest Gump Guide to Survival Planning ... :melikey:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Yeah me too. Thanks for posting that, NavyKen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts