The double up work out

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine' started by lexsurivor, Aug 17, 2010.

1. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

I have recently started a workout which I call the double up. Its called that because you pick a starting number (say 200 push ups) then every 2 days you double the number. (you have all day to get it done) but if you physically cant double it again you stay on the number for another 3 days.
    Example
    day 1 200 push ups
    day 2 200 push ups
    day 3 400 push ups
    day 4 400 push ups
    day 6,7,8 400 (if you couldent get 800)
    also you rest on saturday and sunday

Its designed to push you to the limit then once you find your limit you break it to pieces then find your new limit. So what do you think.

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Sounds a little like boot camp. :D

3. Calebra

Calebra Well-Known Member

Let me ask you something. Why are you doing this? I have been into weightlifting since I was 12 and probably seen and heard just about everything when it comes to working out but this approach is new to me. To be honest it really doesn't make much sence. There is no overload there,no reason for the body to adapt.Don't mean to be so critical but to parafrase a great man "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat the hell are you doing? " lol.

4. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I've been going to the gym almost every day for 3 weeks now and will definately be increasing a little slower.

5. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

Here lex - these are fun (well, fun afterwards) kick your butt workouts. I was doing them before getting PG with the baby. Need to get back to this stuff, but I feel old lately. CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness. Without a full gym you might have to substitute some things, but it gets results.

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Lex, I about fainted! I read that wrong! I saw "Day 1 1200 pushups" :gaah:

I would have to start with Day 1, 1 pushup... :surrender:

A month from now I'm going to ask you how many you're doing!

:D