The Day the Dollar Died

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UncleJoe, Nov 26, 2009.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

This is a cool story. It is a fictional tale of what could transpire if the US dollar should completely collapse.
    At the top of the page on the right side, there is a calendar. This link will take you to the first chapter which was posted on 11/18.

2009 November 18 | Shenandoah

The story continues on 11/19, 11/21, and 11/25. Click on the date to read the next segment.
    It appears to be ongoing so I try to check back every day to look for the next chapter. Hope you find it as intriguing as I did.

2. Tribal Warlord Thug

Tribal Warlord Thug Well-Known Member

chilling............maybe a bit exagerated but it's not at all out of the realms of possibillities.....gives you an idea of "which would you rather have?" makes them grain bins full of wheat and corn seem to be Golden to me, keep yer gold and silver.....don't think a lil' bit of gravy" goin' to make 'em tastier......lol

3. Lake Windsong

Lake Windsong Well-Known Member

Like the blog

Got the blog bookmarked. Thanks for the info!

You know, as long as it took mainstreamers to call last year's mess a recession, I wonder how long it will take most people to realize the fragility of the US dollar. Seems like people I know are avoiding the discussion. Certainly, around these parts you'd think it was the early 80's with all the holiday shopping sprees going on. I imagine foreclosures will increase again early next year, people trying to keep up with the Jones'.

I digress, sorry. Gonna keep an eye on this blog, interesting.

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

you are absolutely right about otherwise intelligent people putting their heads in the sand about this issue

5. rflood

rflood Well-Known Member

The Day The Dollar Died ( Reposted For Aug 2010 )

I was going to post this story as well, but glad I searched the forums first. Here is the link to the story in it's entirety anyway.

Shenandoah » 2009 » November » 18

What I found to be most real in it was how easy it would be for the economy to truly collapse considering how things are right now. We have an out of control government spending gobs of money, our financial standing with the world is on thin ice and on and on. Even a short disruption to the supply chain would be disasterous to those in the big cities and the reality is this country could spin into chaos quite easily. I took the story with a grain of salt but did get me thinking more about getting my act together.

6. Diego2112

Diego2112 Well-Known Member

Have just read part one, and boy... :eek::eek::eek:

Sobering, very sobering. Just confirms how LIQUID I need to stay! My gymsock and loose brick method has served me THUS far! :D

I will be sharing this with ALL the sheeples AND peoples I know.

I'm also probably going to read the entire thing TONIGHT, not like I've got jack else to do! :rolleyes:

"Break out the Gin and Tonic, boys, this is going to be a LONG one..."

7. Diego2112

Ok, so I just finished it up, and... Woah, my mind has been BLOWN. VERY well written (a MAJOR plus, MUCH better than some drivle you find out there on the webernets with por spling, and very much bad grammers, ya know? ;)), VERY compelling read, and talk about being a "scroller" (cant very well be a PAGE turner in a web browser, now can it?:lolsmash: )!

It's a scary thing, it really is. Shared it with my FB friends, my mom was the only one to comment so far, quick to remind me that "we are in and not of the world, so we've nothing to fear."

It's scary to think that at ANY given time, something like that could very well happen.

Thanks kindly, UncleJoe, this story has made my top 25 list, for SURE.

But remember, when people fear the government, there is tyranny. When governments fear their PEOPLE, there is LIBERTY!

So fear not, and keep on keepin' on!

He's philosophical reeeeeeeeeeal late at night,
    ~D

8. UncleJoe

He's started writing another one a while back but I haven't seen any new installments for a few weeks. I'll link to it when it gets rolling again.

9. UncleJoe

What the heck. Here is the start of the next story but be warned, its been idol for some time now.

10. Diego2112

Thanks! Will start on in tomorrow night! :D