Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
dh and I are 60 and 63----had 2 cards...I am not gonna even tell you the balance---:eek:(but we're not one of those 'average' families with 20,000 +)but more than we like to carry.
Last summer, we paid off both, cut them up, and we feel so liberated!!
dh's ss check sort of came around right after we paid off both cards..so I like to think God is watching out for us...and as long as there aren't hard times in the woods, the ss check is mine,...and I'm a low-maintenance girl and spend all I can on prepping..why NOT??
I sure don't want cash if the SHTF and the dollar crashes..or money in the bank. NAH..I'll just take water, buckets, food, supplies---things I'll need when the trucks can't run.

Let me ahold of congress---just one week and this nation would be on track--it's common sense---Household 101....do they still teach it??

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AMERICA'S CREDIT CARD SHUT OFF!

Anybody else watch it? What did you think?
The presentation is about when foreign countries stop lending money to the federal government. Something like 40 cents of every dollar the government spends is borrowed money. When America's creditors finally figure out that they're never going to get their money back it's going to be a disaster. Imagine what would happen if food stamps stopped or social security checks stopped.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Imagine what would happen if food stamps stopped or social security checks stopped.
Most of us would be forced to use our weapons in a manner that would give us nightmares for years to come -- if we survive.:( Think, One Second After. If you haven't read it, you really should, IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts