Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was PMing with Snake Doc per his 9mm brass which is a good deal yet nobody seems to be interested and it made me think...

After Obama won the election and before he took office gun folks took to the streets and voted a second time with their money, buying guns and ammo at such rates that prices jumped sky high, ammo was hard to get.. hell some folks were going to WM in the very early hours after the nights restocking was done to get 22 ammo...and there was a limit..!!

But then when the Dimo's took power..nothing happened,, no push to control the evil black gun market, no push to lay heavy tax's on ammo etc.. so..folks smiled and rolled over and nodded off again..

Prices started dropping like a rock, ammo is once again cheap.. AR 15's are selling at prices I haven't seen in many years.maybe back to the middle 90's?

I have many opinions about many subjects, I'm often wrong, I watched the polls ( like a fool) and saw Obama pulling ahead of everybody , so I ordered ammo, lots of ammo.. and yes prices shot up after he was elected.. I got it all at good prices..ammo got very expensive and I was smug.. but then nothing happened and prices dropped to in some cases below what I paid, I was still smug because freight rates went way up so I was still well ahead.. no prob!

Now I see that my fellow hunters and shooters have nodded off...again.. and I wonder, not about today but about tomorrow...

If the rupublicrats retake the house which looks likely things will settle down so... BUT!! a lot of them are "RINO's" some are flat out Dimos in hawk feathers...

Point being we can not trust any of them, example , Brown in Mass, wins Teddy the killers seat!!! WOW!!! and his first vote is with Obama!...

IF the Dimo's should somehow remain in power they will go for the gun issues with renewed lust which has only been put in the closet for a while... IF they lose they have no more to lose and could say screw it and push thru a real nasty anti gun bill plus God only knows what... Obama could use a PD to do the same and I can't recall when any sitting president ever killed a PD by a past President.. EVER... I know a lot of us thought Bush would kill the AWB first thing but no he let it die of it's own accord... which was fine but would have sent a very strong message to the whole country.. "IF" he had the power thru PD to kill the AWB..I don't know if he could but I know he didn't.

Why am I rattling on about this? I guess because I don't trust any of them and right now today would be a good time for you fence sitters who haven't stocked up on ammo or weapons to get it done... I see a storm coming and I think it's gonna be much worse then usual... but I'm often wrong.. I don't "NEED" anything at all... but I'm still thinking about what I could get that may be handy.. then I remember that I'm short on gardening tools... and fire wood cutting tools.. many things.. so..

Anyway, do it or not I feel better having said it out loud..

And ya know.. a year ago that Brass that Snake Doc has for sale would have been much higher.. makes me want a 9mm...lol...which I have no use for.

I remember a couple of years ago people were picking up Wolf 223 and 45 cases to reload myself included.. I use it in "lost brass match's" where time don't allow folks to reclaim their empties..

For those who just flinched.. Wolf 223 and 45's use boxer primers and no the case won't hurt dies.. I've reloaded some 45's at least 3 times.. just lube them well and run em like brass..

Anyway..think about this... won't hurt and it's free and maybe there is a grain of an idea that one of you can use..

One way or another they will be back with their gun scam laws...don't be a sheeple..

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I would have considered the brass, but, I have no reloading equipment and most of the guys that I hunt / shoot with do not have reloading equipment either. There is only one guy that I know that has the equipment, but, he tells me that he has never opened the box to do anything with it - meaning - he hasn't practiced reloading!

That is a skill that I am looking to learning, but, for now, I go into the store on payday and purchase a case of ammo that I can use, bring it home and hide it in a corner.

BTW: Moved this outta politics to our quiet-time so that we can discuss these kinds of things among ourselves ...

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have considered the brass, but, I have no reloading equipment and most of the guys that I hunt / shoot with do not have reloading equipment either. There is only one guy that I know that has the equipment, but, he tells me that he has never opened the box to do anything with it - meaning - he hasn't practiced reloading!

That is a skill that I am looking to learning, but, for now, I go into the store on payday and purchase a case of ammo that I can use, bring it home and hide it in a corner.

BTW: Moved this outta politics to our quiet-time so that we can discuss these kinds of things among ourselves ...
Awww DUDE!! I feel so sorry for you folks living in the Peoples Republik of Kanada... sorry NK I couldn't help it...lol

I've been loading for about 45 years.. don't do much at the moment as I been stocking up on cheap Wolf rifle ammo..but I have the components and equipment to load around 50 K rounds.. on hand... maybe this winter I'll get to it..if i ever need it I'll need it loaded not sitting in several piles...lol

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Awww DUDE!! I feel so sorry for you folks living in the Peoples Republik of Kanada... sorry NK I couldn't help it...lol

I've been loading for about 45 years.. don't do much at the moment as I been stocking up on cheap Wolf rifle ammo..but I have the components and equipment to load around 50 K rounds.. on hand... maybe this winter I'll get to it..if i ever need it I'll need it loaded not sitting in several piles...lol
There are lots of kits that are available here for reloading and I have read the Canadian-based magazines with reports on some equipment that makes things simpler / faster / easier to do your own reloading. Like I say - I would like to learn that kind of skill sometime, but, during summer, my time is highly limited due to needing to take care of my outdoor projects and winter-time I'll be editing / writing some stories (yes, my friend, I am workin' on your Texas story too :sssh: )

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are lots of kits that are available here for reloading and I have read the Canadian-based magazines with reports on some equipment that makes things simpler / faster / easier to do your own reloading. Like I say - I would like to learn that kind of skill sometime, but, during summer, my time is highly limited due to needing to take care of my outdoor projects and winter-time I'll be editing / writing some stories (yes, my friend, I am workin' on your Texas story too :sssh: )
Your a good dude for a furiner...:D... hell I thought the TX story was pretty ok and so did GS, guess we both blew it...

with loading on the scale you'd be doing it keep it very basic.. an RCBS rock chucker kit would be all you need and the dies.. no sense in going big.. I have all the Dillon stuff but when i do load I load a lot..

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Isn't it Ironic Herter's used to be based in Canada?I cut my teeth on their stuff.
look well guys,that's us if we don't keep our "betters" in check!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts