The Crumbling of America

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jason, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

There was a 2 hour show on the History Channel last night called the Crumbling of America. It talked about the USA's crumbling infrastructure and how not enough is being done to prevent catastrophes. Aging bridges, inadequate electrical grid, poor levee systems and dams around the country, and other issues were discussed and demonstrated via computer simulation.

The wife and I watched the second hour of the show and I DVR'ed the later showing so we can watch the rest tonight. If anybody notices a rebroadcast, it's really worth checking out.

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I like apple crumble. Not American crumble.

3. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I saw part of that last night, it was quite interesting. Unfortunately I tuned in after it started and tuned out after I fell asleep. I would like to see the show in its entirity. I think the collapse of the bridge in Twin Cities, Mn. is just a preview of what we have to look forward to if we don't get going on our infrastructure.:eek:

4. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

You can already see signs of a crumbling infrastructure in metro Atlanta. Especially in the city. It seems to be intensifying at an increasing rate. The outlying counties not so much.

5. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I see that same situation all over the place, not just in the USA. Buildings, roads, bridges, tunnels. It is getting to the point where having federal control over the stuff means that it isn't going to be taken care of. Federal can't see the problem in person - that means it isn't happening.

Local government will try to take care of their own problems - but - without sufficient funding, nothing can be done. It is a lose-lose situation. :cry: