The 'blessing' of high gas prices

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by gypsysue, May 23, 2011.

1. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

2. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

Sounds like liberal propaganda to me. How can it be positive that 1,100 people will live when another 3,000 die from starvation because of high gas prices.

Those libs will do anything to make Obama look like the good guy.

3. Journey

Journey Junior Member

:scratch Wow. :gaah: is right.

Definitely not a fan over here. Something has always made me uneasy somehow. :eek:

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Blessing in deguise ... :gaah:

WOW!!!

I've aready heard from the local farmers that hay, peaches and apples will be higher this year, because of that blessing. Strawberries were running about a dollar more per gallon ... some places were more.

Farmers going to the local markets will have to charge a higher price for their produce, because of that blessing.

How do these loons think their food gets to the table... :soapbox1:

5. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Stupidity knows no bounds! Hey, I hate ta say it, but I beleive color has somthin ta do with it. Some of it green, some of it, well yall know.

Ya, were gonna save over a 1000 lives an put the country in the toilet!

6. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

I'd like to know how they came up with that "thousand lives" number.

Like has already been said, stupidity holds no bounds. I'll bet the PR people who thought of this line of BS are laughing their heads off.

7. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Kinda the same philosphy as, "To save ya, I'm gonna have to kill ya."

8. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

Same way they get gas price numbers, speculation.

9. Immolatus

Immolatus Just getting started. Always.

Big energy gave 4 mil to McCain, and 3 mil to Obama.
    Big oil writes our energy policy.
    Big pharma writes our Medicare policy.
    By anyones definition, this is outright corruption.

Where are all the liberals that were so concerned about us being in 2 wars when Obama got elected, now that we are in 3?
    Obama is no different than Bush. More debt, more war.
    If oil is so important to our national interests/security to the point that we will go to war over it, then you should not be able to speculate in it.
    99% of politicians are outright liars. We have noone to blame but ourselves.
    If we had a true energy policy, we would be energy independent, and we would all be driving electric cars with solar panels on our houses, anything to get us out of the Middle East.

Oh, right, the price of gas.
    Around here, its $4. As long as we are slaves to oil, we have no choice but to suck it up and drive our cars. In Europe, gas is $8/gallon and cars get 50 mpg. Here, gas is $4 and our cars get 20 mpg. People would rather bury their heads in the sand than actually think about whats going on.
    We are totally screwed.

Oh, and you can guarantee if they get rid of oil subsidies (which they wont, but obviously they should) then price of gas can only go one direction. Up.

10. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I find it amusing that people who have no problem paying the prices make the most amount of noise about it.

11. Homegrowngirl

Homegrowngirl Well-Known Member

hmm, yeah, wow. Ok, apparently these people need to live in the real world. I go to work every day, a 26 mile round trip. Gas here is 4.15 a gallon for unleaded, my car gets 18 to 20 miles to the gallon. I had to fill up today because it was empty and it cost me $57 and some change. I can't afford to buy a new fuel efficiant car. To go grocery shopping I have to drive a least 40 miles one way, or if I want to really go shopping it is a 100 mile trip. So I went shopping here the other day, spent $300, and have nothing to show for it. High gas prices = high grocery prices. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks for payday so I have some more money for the gas companies and grocery stores to take. Not to mention the electric bill is going up 15% and so is the water bill.

12. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yeah...doncha feel that 'recovery' going on all around you? Hmph. Economic recovery my butt. High gas prices can be a "good thing"? HAH! Not for real people.