Thank you JDY

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by mdprepper, Mar 8, 2010.

1. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

I can never remember to comment on the stories that I have read. So instead of going back to each and every one to comment, I thought I would just post it here!

So, thank you very much for all of the great stories. I have been entertained and informed by each one that I have read. You have a wonderful talent and I am so glad that you share it with us.

:congrat::congrat::congrat::congrat:

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I'll second that!!! :thankyou:

md, How do you remember which ones you've read without marking them? I sure couldn't. :confused:

3. Jerry D Young

Jerry D Young Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. It is appreciated.

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I comment on each one as I read it just so that I know that I have read it by the little arrow on the post-icon. I also have a copy of all the stories on each of my computers plus a copy on my backup harddrive .. :wave:

5. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:dunno: I just have one of those minds. I can remember by the title or within the opening sentence. I can't remember what I made for dinner yesterday, but I can tell you my phone number from 1975:eek:.

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Ya, but, back in 1975, we only had 5-digit phone numbers ... now we have 10-digit phone numbers and I can't remember any of them because they are all speed-dial'd into my phones ... :eek:

7. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

Awesome combination of storytelling, entertainment and teaching moments. THANK YOU JERRY!:congrat:

BTW, guys Jerry names his storys with an "_a". When I finish reading one I change the a to an X in the filename. That way I know it is read. The front end of the file name does not change so it still alphabetizes in my Jerry PAW file so I know if there are any duplicates.

Examples:
    Cowboy_a (un-read)

Cowboy_x (read)

8. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Thanks for the stories. We downloaded hem to the netbook computer and read them in the evenings when we were camping in the Nevada desert. My wife is going on an 1800 mile bicycle trip soon and a bunch more of them will be downloaded on the netbook she's taking on her trip.
    :congrat:​

9. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

My Fav was the Cowboy, really good read, I just went back and reread all that are posted on this site, there is always something one can learn or an idea will pop up ...

Thanks JDY !!

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Mine was Percy's Mission.... so far. I'm only about halfway through them.