Prepared Society Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank all for your inputs. It's been a while. I'm still in Hawaii, the job ( JROTC) has me here for one more year because of the contract. I'll probably send the wife ahead to secure a job and housing soon. We have settled for New Braunsfels as our next home. I'm planning on getting some land about 2 hours away for a bug out location, and prepping heaven. As always I welcome suggestions and ideas. I hope to see you all soon. I really don't want to be in this rock when TSHTF...

·
Texian
1,387 Posts
We have settled for New Braunsfels as our next home. I'm planning on getting some land about 2 hours away for a bug out location, and prepping heaven. As always I welcome suggestions and ideas. I hope to see you all soon. I really don't want to be in this rock when TSHTF...
East of NB is more farming and wetter but also more people compared to going West. It depends on your goals, but I wouldn't go much past the Hill Country if you go west. It gets real dry real quick.

Reactions: terri9630

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
I wonder how long it's going to take for that section of the I35 corridor to be renamed Newausantonio (new aus antonio). I couldn't figure out any naming convention to keep the towns in order so I went with the most simple.

Reactions: terri9630

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I'm a Retired AF NCO and within the next year I'm planning on moving with my family to a more secure location. We live in Oahu Hawaii now, and with all the craziness going on, this is not were I want my family to be.
We have talked about San Antonio TX, maybe the hill country area, like Mico Tx. Close to the city yet far enough just in case. We would like several acres we can prep with, and I can set up for the future for my daughters.
Can I hear some wisdom from you that have been at this a while longer? What do you recommend? Pros- cons of San Antonio area, etc.
Thanks in advance for your inputs!
Not sure how accurate this is but here is a chart.

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
I lived in Gonzales, went to high school there. I loved it and get so home sick for it sometimes. Its a farming area and the land we had had 2 springs and was along the Guadeloupe river. My foster parents still have the property there. I can't move back because my allergies and asthma are worse but I still looked when we were looking for a place to retire to and prices are way up now.

·
855 Posts
I wonder how new braunsfel is coming along.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts