Texas Texas Bound, need advice...

Discussion in 'South Central USA' started by PastorJavier001, Mar 21, 2015.

1. PastorJavier001

PastorJavier001 Member

Thank all for your inputs. It's been a while. I'm still in Hawaii, the job ( JROTC) has me here for one more year because of the contract. I'll probably send the wife ahead to secure a job and housing soon. We have settled for New Braunsfels as our next home. I'm planning on getting some land about 2 hours away for a bug out location, and prepping heaven. As always I welcome suggestions and ideas. I hope to see you all soon. I really don't want to be in this rock when TSHTF...

RedBeard likes this.
  2. Balls004

Balls004 Not new, just older

I think you'll love New Braunsfels! Good luck with with the move!

terri9630 likes this.

3. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

Wise choice! Good luck with all!

4. Marcus

Marcus Texian

East of NB is more farming and wetter but also more people compared to going West. It depends on your goals, but I wouldn't go much past the Hill Country if you go west. It gets real dry real quick.

terri9630 likes this.
  5. Country Living

Country Living Supporting Member

I wonder how long it's going to take for that section of the I35 corridor to be renamed Newausantonio (new aus antonio). I couldn't figure out any naming convention to keep the towns in order so I went with the most simple.

terri9630 likes this.
  6. zhanshimushi

zhanshimushi New Member

NB is nice I’m looking at the Bourne area between 10 and 35. Any thoughts anyone?

Meerkat and Sentry18 like this.
  7. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

Never been to Texas, but welcome to the forum. Stop over to introductions and say hello. :)

8. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Not sure how accurate this is but here is a chart.

9. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

I lived in Gonzales, went to high school there. I loved it and get so home sick for it sometimes. Its a farming area and the land we had had 2 springs and was along the Guadeloupe river. My foster parents still have the property there. I can't move back because my allergies and asthma are worse but I still looked when we were looking for a place to retire to and prices are way up now.