Prepared Society Forum banner

Texas Bound, need advice...

Texas 
7K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  jimLE 
East Texas is nice. Good rainfall, milder temps than SA. The hill country has a lot of rock which makes gardening challenging. There's Barksdale AFB over in Shreveport, LA, just over the border. Where I live I can be on I20 in a few minutes & be in Dallas in 1.5 hours or Shreveport/Bossier City in an hour. Mercy Ships & Youth With A Mission (YWAM) are here. There's first Monday trades day, the largest in the country, down the road in Canton. There are several cities with populations of around 100K which is nice for medical, shopping, jobs, etc but not too big. Lots of general aviation & American Airlines flies out of the Gregg County airport, American Eagle out of Tyler Pounds Field. Go a little more north if you want snow every year. LeTourneau University is here as is University of Texas & several junior colleges. Lots of lakes. Lots of wooded land available reasonably priced. Good luck in your search!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.