Prepared Society Forum banner

Tattle Re-Useable Cannign Lids

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PamsPride 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried them or something similar?

#6 ·
I read up on the lids and what folks had to say about them. Most canners liked them, except that they are a little pricey and if you are giving your canned stuff to friends and family, you will need to be sure to ask for the lids back; otherwise you will be spending a fortune to keep them stocked.

They are a new concept to most folks who can, and I like others are a little leary of them yet. However, I might buy a few and give them a try.

#7 ·
I read up on the lids and what folks had to say about them. Most canners liked them, except that they are a little pricey and if you are giving your canned stuff to friends and family, you will need to be sure to ask for the lids back; otherwise you will be spending a fortune to keep them stocked.

They are a new concept to most folks who can, and I like others are a little leary of them yet. However, I might buy a few and give them a try.
If it is an item I know I am going to end up giving away...like some of my salsa...I always use some regular lids on them. But if it is something like applesauce or spaghetti sauce then I use my Tattler Lids. But since I do not have that many Tattler Lids yet I just use them on the food items we use the fastest so that I can reuse the lids quicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.