Tattle Re-Useable Cannign Lids

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by dc300a, Apr 7, 2011.

1. dc300a

dc300a Active Member

Has anyone tried them or something similar?

2. dc300a

dc300a Active Member

Thanks!

I guess it would have worked better if I had spelled the product name correctly when i searched the forum :eek:

3. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

I'd be affraid of the re-use lids.Also its too much work to risk losing food if they don't work.

I'm very new at canning so I'm careful.

Thanks to yall I've learned a lot about the process and so far no problems.

4. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

I've got news for ya hunny, the metal ones fail also. then you have to use another NEW metal flat and reprocess.

The Tattlers are fine. Just follow instructions and don't open the jar with anything sharp or pointy.

5. Idaholady

Idaholady Member

I read up on the lids and what folks had to say about them. Most canners liked them, except that they are a little pricey and if you are giving your canned stuff to friends and family, you will need to be sure to ask for the lids back; otherwise you will be spending a fortune to keep them stocked.

They are a new concept to most folks who can, and I like others are a little leary of them yet. However, I might buy a few and give them a try.

6. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

If it is an item I know I am going to end up giving away...like some of my salsa...I always use some regular lids on them. But if it is something like applesauce or spaghetti sauce then I use my Tattler Lids. But since I do not have that many Tattler Lids yet I just use them on the food items we use the fastest so that I can reuse the lids quicker.