Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't know how to make butter easily this is the tube to watch!

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I have 2 of these & like em' a lot (and the tasty tasty butter):

:eek: :eek: holy crap! :eek: :eek: $260!!! I know what I'm putting on Ebay tomorrow! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Sorry ... it is youtubes like this that make go :gaah:

While they did hit the basics they left out a lot of the know how ... (IMO) you have sweet cream and yes, sour cream butter ... a difference.

Yes, you shake the cream but it is going to take longer than a faw minutrs... to make "butter".

You are not going to rince the butter once and say you have it ... sorry ... in the real world it doesn't work that way ...

Agian they did hit the basic butter making, but IMO they cut a lot out...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
We've found the fastest way to make butter is in a blender -- then there's no need to let the cream set out over night.

Andi's right. Ya gotta rinse under cold water while mashing it with a fork to remove the whey.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
is making it in a paint shaker cheating? :D

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I like using a mix-master for churning up the cream into butter. As far as I know, as long as you can aerate the cream, you get butter. I had thought of getting an old-fashioned butter-churn, but, I don't have a cow and don't have easy access to a cows fresh-milk (yet).

Now that I am located in a farming community, I'll start making friends with some of the local ranchers and farmers.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sorry ... it is youtubes like this that make go :gaah:

While they did hit the basics they left out a lot of the know how ... (IMO)
Well, don't leave us in suspense. What steps are missing? Keep in mind that some of us don't have a clue about butter except the basics that video hit. Heck, I didn't even taste real butter until I was nearly 8 years old visiting a distant relative who made her own. I'll never forget that heavenly flavor!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Well, don't leave us in suspense. What steps are missing? Keep in mind that some of us don't have a clue about butter except the basics that video hit. Heck, I didn't even taste real butter until I was nearly 8 years old visiting a distant relative who made her own. I'll never forget that heavenly flavor!
Give me a few days to put something together ... right now I'm up to my ears in garden and canning, (with all the other chores. :D)

neil-v1 - yes, he used regular heavy cream from the store ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts