Target really get us preppers!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Sentry18, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

Yep, Target (the store) understands those of us who prep. Just look at their stocking stuffer section!

[​IMG]

2. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy Retired Air Force

They are not the good green beans anyways! They are French Style. French means loser

3. valannb22

valannb22 Well-Known Member

I was just in Target Friday night. I didn't see the green beans in the stocking stuffer section ;), but they did have those mini LED flashlights for $1. I grabbed a bunch of those.

4. Sentry18

Are you talking about the Freedom Beans? I eat them with Freedom Fries and croissants, err, uhh I mean Freedom Buns.

5. ComputerGuy

And you freedom kiss your wife!

6. semperscott

semperscott Well-Known Member

I personally refuse to ever shop at Target. As a Marine I know that Target refuses to allow Marines to set-up a "Toys-for-Tots" box at Christmas times. Target is great for supporting LGTB and other liberal organizations. That is not the type of business that want to support.

Just my two cents worth.

7. zombieresponder

zombieresponder random gibberish

Wasn't that long ago they were refusing to allow the salvation army and a couple of other charities from collecting donations at Christmas. They'll probably do it again this year.

I only spend money there if I can't find an item elsewhere.

8. ComputerGuy

Never knew this. I will never shop at a Target again

9. seanallen

seanallen Well-Known Member

I refuse to shop there. Its an overpriced snooty corp and i despise its political leanings.

10. biobacon

biobacon Track Layer

Mine is next to wall mart and the asian masters would not like me to go to Target.

11. biobacon

biobacon Track Layer

Speaking of Wallmart did you guys know that they no konger have wallmarts in Afganistan? They only have Targets. LOL

12. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Me too.

As much as I hate to say it, I will not buy Girl Scout cookies, either. I will ask the den mother if she will keep a donation -- all of it -- strictly local, and if she agrees, I'll donate, but I will not send a red cent to the national organization. The GS leaders at the national level are, IMHO, despicable.

:rantoff::sorry2:

13. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones Newbie

semperscott - I had to look up LGTB 'cause I don't know much about that stuff. Holy ****! I guess it's the fags international organization. I want to puke.

14. Sentry18

Just for the sake of disclosure, I didn't take that pic and I don't shop at Target either. I keep my money local whenever possible and we are blessed to have a Target-like store in my community (locally owned chain store). The prices are a little higher and the selection is smaller than your average Walmart or Target, but the owners live here in town and they support the community. What I don't buy online I buy there whenever possible.

I don't buy girl scout cookies, boy scout popcorn, tickets, cards, wreaths, magazines or anything else. We keep an envelope full of $5 bills and a receipt book by the front door. If anyone comes with an honest pitch and I am willing to support the cause I collect their names and personal info, write it on a receipt, have them sign it and then I donate $5-15 to their local cause / unit / group. From time to time I will call the leadership and make sure the money made it in to their coffers. I have been told more than once that my $5 donation was more profit than they normally make from a $30 sale.

15. biobacon

biobacon Track Layer

Well as someone who was super active in the Boy Scouts i have to agree. I once was sent to the council execs house for a recruitment pitch. I found out the guy made 180.000.00 a year. That was 10 years ago. Thats a lot of money for a non-profit. I was making $150 a week at camp to teach the kids citizenship skills. I was interested in the Egyptian art work he had on his wall, art work he had got on last years trip to Egypt. A couple years latter my wife brought me back some when the army sent her there, cost next to nothing in american outside of the costly upscale joints, take that rich boy. One group I was in had to set up a shawdow group because national said we wernt allowed to keep our own money, we had to go through the local council. The camp I worked at also had a shawdow group so that donations to it could stay there and not go to national. So Sentrys right.

16. jsriley5

jsriley5 Well-Known Member

Yuppers no Target shopping for me. for a bunch of years now. I don't even remember the last time I stepped in one been at least 6 years.

17. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Sorry - but your wording is a little harsh there. Some of my good friends are very quiet about their sexual-orientation because of comments like that ...

18. pawpaw

pawpaw Well-Known Member

Well Crap! I really need to verify this new information on Target, but I can't find anything relating to it online. If I do, I'll also inform all my (both) friends about it.
    No different than me helping dozens close their Bank of America accounts forever over their anti - 2nd amendment policies.
    As in that case, I'd be sending a letter to their corporate offices, just to say Hi & what for....

19. alwaysready

alwaysready Well-Known Member

I'm with you brother! As a former Marine I feel the same if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything!

20. alwaysready

alwaysready Well-Known Member

It's true just call the local recruiter's office. Dang you got two more friends than me.:D