Survival Mode.....

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by fun4wheelerguy, Jan 3, 2009.

1. fun4wheelerguy

fun4wheelerguy 4x4 Expert

Hello,

My name is Brett and I have always since I was a kid been interested in survival instances. I believe that I was first intriged by a Disney Movie called The Other Side of the Mountain. It was about a young boy that was interested in Falconry and living on his own in the wild.

As a kid I was a Boyscout and loved camping and fishing and survival. I have always had something in the back of my mind that says be more than prepared. I have learned to 4wheel, hunt, fish, camp, cook, weld, woodwork, sew and have many more talents. I have watched all of the survival series show that I can get my hands on. I am very self sufficient and have something always telling me to pay attention in the times.

I have always had the feeling that there are others like me. And I have figured out there are the majority of people are sheep. Something inside me tells me that something will happen in my lifetime. I dont know what it is but I am always prepared for it. Whether it be a natural disaster or man made I am ready. In fact I would like to live someday off the grid and self sufficient.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and chat.

Brett

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Peace Brett - Enjoy the forum!

3. Backwoods

Backwoods Out In The Sticks

Howdy and Welcome Brett............:D

4. Welcome Brett!!! Please share some of your knowledge when you have the opportunity. I have what I consider to be a good start on the self-sufficiency lifestyle, but I learn numerous new things from others everytime I am able to get on and read the posts. Having been on another forum for some time, I have really enjoyed the opportunity to ask others the questions that I have. I have gotten a great amount of knowledge from others sharing what has worked for them and what has not.

5. vikx

vikx Active Member

Welcome Brett, I used to read every survival book as a kid too! I try to be prepared and have realized that there are a few areas that need a lot of improvement in my household. Mainly, storing/caching more food...Yes, I have some but not enough. It's hard for me to believe that so many are unaware that they should be prepared.

6. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Howdy.hope you like it here. :)